Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Yeah, but why does it have to happen in SUMMER?
I wish summer would remain in drought conditions,
then when autumn comes around and the temps are lousy we get the rain;
I'll be inside anyways, so what's the difference?

Take it, PLEASE!
We have enough rain that we could be fine until Labour Day, rainless from today onwards.
As much as I enjoy the rain, I would rather have somewhat dry conditions during the autumn since it's my favorite season. Best time for hikes, tennis, golf, etc.

I am really in the mood for September or October weather today for some reason.

Last summer had a lot of rainy weekends. I believe NYC recorded several in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 12:16 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
As much as I enjoy the rain, I would rather have somewhat dry conditions during the autumn since it's my favorite season. Best time for hikes, tennis, golf, etc.

I am really in the mood for September or October weather today for some reason.

Last summer had a lot of rainy weekends. I believe NYC recorded several in a row.
Well it seems reasonable that for your favourite time of year, if you want to be outdoors you'd want it dry.
Autumn is my second least favourite season; I expect discomfort with or without rain.

In 2008, our first rainless summer weekend was Labour Day!
In 2009, we probably had 3-5 rainless weekends from Jun-Aug.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:20 PM

156 posts, read 391,167 times
I'm JEALOUS!!! We've had the worst weather since I can remember here in Alberta. It rained more than a 100mm in 36 hours a few days ago. Rain everyday, monday last week we had a DAYTIME HIGH of 9c (48F)

Thunderstorm this afternoon, its 22C now. Tomorrow high of 14C (50+ mm rain) tuesday high of 16C and rain!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG. I need a summer vacation. I think we've had 2 days this year over 25C.

Keep enjoying that nice warm weather!

Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlug View Post
I'm JEALOUS!!! We've had the worst weather since I can remember here in Alberta. It rained more than a 100mm in 36 hours a few days ago. Rain everyday, monday last week we had a DAYTIME HIGH of 9c (48F)

Thunderstorm this afternoon, its 22C now. Tomorrow high of 14C (50+ mm rain) tuesday high of 16C and rain!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG. I need a summer vacation. I think we've had 2 days this year over 25C.

Keep enjoying that nice warm weather!
Wish we could trade. I'm sick of summer.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:08 PM

156 posts, read 391,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Wish we could trade. I'm sick of summer.
I'd be glad to as long as you stick out the winter (Sept - May) too lol

I get frustrated because its the only time of the year we have mild weather. After dealing with 4 hours of sunlight and negative temperatures for what seems like 8 months I wanna wear a T-Shirt and roll the windows down!

This is why ColdCanadian is so deprived of warm weather that 100+ F weather sounds like heaven. I sure know how it feels!

Wind burn, frostbite, hypothermia, cabin fever. Have you ever tried to start a vehicle at -50? Hahaha I guess it wears on a person I think I'm going a bit crazy

Old 07-18-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:

I get frustrated because its the only time of the year we have mild weather. After dealing with 4 hours of sunlight and negative temperatures for what seems like 8 months I wanna wear a T-Shirt and roll the windows down!

This is why ColdCanadian is so deprived of warm weather that 100+ F weather sounds like heaven. I sure know how it feels!

Wind burn, frostbite, hypothermia, cabin fever. Have you ever tried to start a vehicle at -50? Hahaha I guess it wears on a person I think I'm going a bit crazy
Lol.

Actually,
I enjoy 100 F temps by themselves when I'm not working.
I love them when I'm on vacation.

Toronto isn't that severe,
but we get a lot of weather that ranges from "very cool", "moderately cold", "very cold"...
in addition to some "severe cold" and "extreme cold" mixed into the months of Nov-Mar.
Spring and Autumn are seldom warm enough that the avg Canadian resident enjoys going sleeveless,
and obviously winter is far colder than that.

Most of the year our cold doesn't seem severe,
but our temps are low enough that it can feel like it never warms up.
We have a five month growing season (green season)
and 6 months where deciduous trees are completely leafless all because of cold,
and being in the Great Lakes, our daytime highs aren't much higher than our lows.
I suppose Toronto is intermediate between coastal BC and the Prairies, outside of summer.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:03 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,067,660 times
Quote:

Reading comments like this make me realise that it could be worse after all -- a lot worse! Coldest we've had this winter is only about -5 C.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Reading comments like this make me realise that it could be worse after all -- a lot worse! Coldest we've had this winter is only about -5 C.
Yeah... virtually all of Canada has a garbage climate as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
Sorry to rub it in but it was 19.4C (high 60s F) here yesterday and 10 hours of sun. Not bad for the middle of winter

Admittedly the warmest day this month but reading the Canadian comments, it does make me appreciate the climate here more!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
Sorry to rub it in but it was 19.4C (high 60s F) here yesterday and 10 hours of sun. Not bad for the middle of winter

Admittedly the warmest day this month but reading the Canadian comments, it does make me appreciate the climate here more!
Summers in Canadian Prairie provinces can be truly "feral" at times.

While Toronto always gets some summer highs from 17-19 C,
Calgary always seems to get some summer highs as low as 9 C.
I've seen a few years where they get heavy snowfall in early August.
It's like winter in the Canadian Prairies is never really *gone*, it just goes to sleep.

Toronto can still go 7 months straight without recording a single high of 19+ C/67+ F.
But at least Toronto has 4-5 solid months were winter is truly "dead and gone."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather