Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,838 times

Advertisements

So why is everywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere having a brutal Summer of 2010. Here in Fresno, Ca there has only been 13 ( that's right 13... ONLY 13 days of above 100 degrees) THATS IT!!! and the Southwest has had an unusually cool summer too the other day it was only 86 degrees in Phoenix!!! in late july/early august HOW!!! how is that i mean i know it's semi-monsoonal season out that way but my god that's rare!!

so this leads me to believe that the rest of the Entire Northern Hemisphere is having a well above average Summertime with the exception of here in California and the Rest of the Southwest. anyone else following with me on this i mean even Moscow has had a severely Brutal July compared to us. It's Just weird this Winter/Spring/Summer have all been really unique this year

Of course i expect fully that next summer will be much much much more then only 13 days above 100 degrees at this time next year.. which is quite remarkable out here in the Semi arid desert

Anyone else noticing this trend? Anomaly or just El Nino? I do know that La Nina will make it a warmer summer but also a colder winter here... lol that'll be fun times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
Here in Vancouver, BC we've had an exceptionally dry summer. Usually we get a little bit of rain this far north but this summer has had drought conditions. Temperature wise, it's nowhere near as hot as it was in 2009 but I think it's running slightly above average.
I agree with you though... 86F for Pheonix in July is quite unusual... Maybe somehow the cool marine air is making its way further inland than normal in California and the Southwest this year.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Here in Vancouver, BC we've had an exceptionally dry summer. Usually we get a little bit of rain this far north but this summer has had drought conditions. Temperature wise, it's nowhere near as hot as it was in 2009 but I think it's running slightly above average.
I agree with you though... 86F for Pheonix in July is quite unusual... Maybe somehow the cool marine air is making its way further inland than normal in California and the Southwest this year.
It is. The typical June gloom out here lasted all the way into mid-July. This summer has been very strange.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:10 PM

71 posts, read 107,326 times
Weather forecasters are blaming the rapid change from El Nino to La Nina conditions for the unusually cool, cloudy weather in California and along much of the west coast. La Nina has cooled the pacific from Baja California to as far north as Washington.

The typical June-gloom here is been intensifying since early July, burning off for shorter periods of time gradually during the day. For the past week, the days have felt and looked typical of a Seattle June rather than a San Francisco August, even to the point of having light rain in places. The low clouds haven't been burning off at all.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 AM

322 posts, read 1,103,838 times
Well now that number is closer to 25 days Thanks to a hot august here. But yesterday it was 75 here =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather