Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 03:38 PM

437 posts, read 1,300,440 times

Advertisements

Perhaps this makes more sence:
Port Isabel-Jan 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
^^ Yes it does.

I find winter stats kinda boring though, so I'll be quiet.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:51 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Default Lubbock would be my pick since I like cold weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I guess either Dallas or Lubbock since there is at least some seasonal changes. But I would like to visit other Texas cities (San Antonio, Austin, etc.) for other reasons.
Born and grew up in Lubbock. Live in Dallas now and have for many years. I would choose Lubbock because it's colder than many Texas cities. (I would choose Amarillo or somewhere north of Lubbock, but they get too much snow for my liking.) So I pick my hometown....good ol' Lubbock.

(Don't ask me about the Spring sandstorms there, however.)

Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Born and grew up in Lubbock. Live in Dallas now and have for many years. I would choose Lubbock because it's colder than many Texas cities. (I would choose Amarillo or somewhere north of Lubbock, but they get too much snow for my liking.) So I pick my hometown....good ol' Lubbock.

I forgot about Amarillo. That would be another choice. Dallas would be horrid during the summer, but the rest of the year seems very pleasant.

Wasn't aware of the sandstorms. I'm just a naive east coaster.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:01 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Awhle back I asked a question on the Texas Forum.

I asked where the dividing line between the humid, green, of East Texas changes over to the dry, less humid area.

One poster from Texas replied-------" heading west out of Dallas, when Abeline is 40 miles ahead in your headlights, you will feel the difference "

Several Texas posters agreed with him.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post

The dusty days have become a lot less often lately because it has been a little more wet and farming practices have improved. There were only been a couple of days last spring that were like that.

Of the larger cities in Texas, I like Lubbock's climate the best, but the Fort Davis/Alpine area is the best overall IMO.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The dusty days have become a lot less often lately because it has been a little more wet and farming practices have improved. There were only been a couple of days last spring that were like that.

Of the larger cities in Texas, I like Lubbock's climate the best, but the Fort Davis/Alpine area is the best overall IMO.
I have heard that the dust situation is better now. We have pretty deep roots here now, but if we didn't, I would love to be living in Lubbock again, and weather is the primary reason. Not only is it colder than Dallas, but it's a dry climate and I love that.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,589,659 times
Amarillo, because it has somewhat 4 seasons and less humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather