Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:16 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times

Advertisements

Humidity ruins every thing you would want to do in summer!That's why my son and I want to move from The Cleveland, Ohio area to San Diego,CA.

That sounds like a PERFECT climate to us,no snow/ice EVER, and doesn't get too hot,plus no humidity/mosquitoes. Can enjoy the outdoors year round and even summer evenings outside.

In Ohio the crap weather makes you a prisoner in your home! For heat in winter,and for AC in summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Humidity ruins every thing you would want to do in summer!That's why my son and I want to move from The Cleveland, Ohio area to San Diego,CA.

That sounds like a PERFECT climate to us,no snow/ice EVER, and doesn't get too hot,plus no humidity/mosquitoes. Can enjoy the outdoors year round and even summer evenings outside.

In Ohio the crap weather makes you a prisoner in your home! For heat in winter,and for AC in summer!
Jeez, Ohio is not all that bad actually. It has dew points in the upper 50's, which is quite comfortable.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/29...-United-States

Upper 50's = Perfect summer dew point for me. California is WAY TOO DRY.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Jeez, Ohio is not all that bad actually. It has dew points in the upper 50's, which is quite comfortable.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/29...-United-States

Upper 50's = Perfect summer dew point for me. California is WAY TOO DRY.
All I know is since my dad was career Air Force,we lived all over the west/sw,until I married and ended up in Ohio,and I've hated this climate since the very first year of experiencing feeling like a 'slime-ball' because of humidity! There is no way in **ll that summers here are 'comfortable,except when we are in a drought,so either those numbers are bull.... or they are meaningless.

People know how they feel,and I don't know a soul who likes the humidity of Ohio summers,and doesn't complain they feel nasty!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM

78 posts, read 311,744 times
Default LV dew points

As the OP of this thread, I just had to move to Las Vegas due to my job.

Looks like the dew point there is between 20-40 most of the time with temps up to 120.

I will keep you all posted on how this "dry heat" really turns out

Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
My town has reasonably comfy dew points and lows in summer, most of the time. I would prefer 100 miles north of here though for ideal summers.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,303 times
I live in the lakeland area of Florida which is basically central Florida. Of course it gets hot usually ranges between 92 and 95 most days of the summer but the humidity in my experience is not all that bad. Its definitely worse along the coast. Most days in the summer I sit in my car at lunch time under a shady tree with the windows down and its quite comfortable. Definetly wouldn't try that in direct sun though. I lived most of my life on Long Island and found I sweated more there in the summer.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 AM

390 posts, read 941,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
22°C (72°F) is very comfortable for me I don't know what's up with you dry-air-lovers
It might be comfortable for you, but fact is most people prefer dry climates.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:27 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
The down side is San Diego is often lacking in true warmth in the summer. I have heard from many friends who live on the California coast that summers are often quite cool compared to the Gulf and East Coast areas of the USA. Add in that the Pacific is freezing cold compared to the Gulf and Atlantic in summer and those dew points not be worth it if you like the beach.
This is true - for coastal San Diego (La Jolla, Mission Beach, etc.). But the city of San Diego is so large that it extends well inland, where the temperatures are warmer - generally, the I-15 corridor and everything east of it.

Plus, back to the concern of the OP, the locales inland from the ocean have slightly lower dewpoints year-round.
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/htmlfiles/westcomp.dp.html

That's the beauty of the exceptional topographical and climatic diversity of southern California. A relatively short drive will lead to substantially different weather most of the time. The same is rarely true for most points east of the Rockies.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,549 times
Looking for most comfortable climate( dew point 55) where shirt
doesnt stick to your back walking from house to your car.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:26 PM

559 posts, read 748,537 times
Probably most of the West Coast and the Desert Southwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather