Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate
A 0 0%
B 2 13.33%
C 4 26.67%
D 7 46.67%
F 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,464,547 times

Advertisements

C. Acceptable but leaves a lot to be desired.
It COULD squeak out a B if the sunshine hours were in the 3000 range. Which is double London's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 PM

497 posts, read 1,088,096 times
B looks very close to my climate but with cooler winter max temps, summer is almost identical. Would be an A if it had higher winter max temps, double the rain, and 2500 hours of sun.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
D. Temperature wise it look very similar (not exact, but similar) to Seattle, but with less precipitation in during the winter months (and more for the summer months).

Winters should be colder. Summers should be a little warmer and drier.

Only thing that saves it from an F are the dry (compared to what I'm used to!) winters, despite the wetter than I'm used to summers.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,464,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
D. Temperature wise it look very similar (not exact, but similar) to Seattle, but with less precipitation in during the winter months (and more for the summer months).

Winters should be colder. Summers should be a little warmer and drier.

Only thing that saves it from an F are the dry (compared to what I'm used to!) winters, despite the wetter than I'm used to summers.
How would you rate Seattles climate? Also D?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Seattle would be either D+ or C-. Here's why:

We don't get much real winter weather. Just days on end of mizzle. (misty drizzle)
Spring is a very long seasons here and can still be cool and rainy.
Summers, when we get proper summers, are gorgeous here. However sometimes our summers, as last summer did, start late, end early, and don't pack much punch.
Falls can go either way. Sometimes we get excellent falls (happened last year after a dismal summer) and other times we can have very storm ridden falls.

So pretty much if it were a little colder and snowier in the winter, with summers that started earlier and ended a little later than they currently do and were warm and dry without fail, the grade would be higher.

I may have an opportunity for a promotion at work which would involve a relocation to the Wenatchee, Washington area before this year is out. If I get the job I'm taking it and moving for sure! It has a climate much closer to what I am looking for.

The only exception I'll make is Alaska. Would LOVE to live there sometime, even if for nothing more than the experience.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
B. Very comfortable temperatures year-round. Would get an A if it was wetter.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
It's certainly not the best, and nobody's been moaning more than me about the lack of sunshine this winter, but it's still warmer/sunnier/drier than where I come from and at least we rarely if ever have to shovel cars out of the snow or deal with severe windchills/heatstroke/hurricanes/killer tornadoes and the like. I give it a C.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivalis View Post
B. It's decent. I don't like how warm the winter is, but considering how nice the summers are, I wouldn't have much to complain about.
I agree with everything except for the rating. I gave it a C not a B. This winter is too mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather