Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:11 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Am I the only one who is enjoying this short extension of winter?

I'm loving it. Highs in the 30s, snow still on the ground, etc. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow.

Looks like this week will return closer to average with highs around 50 F, which isn't bad either.
You are not alone. Right now it's snowing about 2 inches an hour. Wet, heavy stuff with flakes more then an inch in size. It's beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You are not alone. Right now it's snowing about 2 inches an hour. Wet, heavy stuff with flakes more then an inch in size. It's beautiful.
Ah, enjoy! We got a decent amount of snow last week. Still snow in the forecast this week. Hope we can squeeze some more out.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
I am one of those that definitely does not hate winter. In fact, I would really like to see at least some snow in the winter. But here in Los Angeles, all we get during the winter months is some rain. The rain is a great thing but we don't get enough of that at all. It might even sometimes reach 80 degrees in January. And when it does that I sometimes get annoyed by that for a few moments and then it is life as usual. I find it hard to understand why there are so many people that are so afraid of snow. Why is that something to be afraid of?

The other reason I'd like to see snow is because the dry, sunny rainless conditions here in Los Angeles spread lots of dust and I have allergy problems because of the climate here. The winters in Los Angeles are decent but they don't resemble a true winter season. If Los Angeles had the climate of Seattle, Washington I would love it

Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,821,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I am one of those that definitely does not hate winter. In fact, I would really like to see at least some snow in the winter. But here in Los Angeles, all we get during the winter months is some rain. The rain is a great thing but we don't get enough of that at all. It might even sometimes reach 80 degrees in January. And when it does that I sometimes get annoyed by that for a few moments and then it is life as usual. I find it hard to understand why there are so many people that are so afraid of snow. Why is that something to be afraid of?

The other reason I'd like to see snow is because the dry, sunny rainless conditions here in Los Angeles spread lots of dust and I have allergy problems because of the climate here. The winters in Los Angeles are decent but they don't resemble a true winter season. If Los Angeles had the climate of Seattle, Washington I would love it
But snow is rare in Seattle too. Our average lows even in the middle of winter are still above freezing. We get a LOT of misty drizzle during the winter, and every so often a downpour, and rarely if ever snow. Usually when it does snow, it's almost always gone by morning.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,594,884 times
Snow is not an issue in my town. I don't mind seeing it at a bit of a distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Who DOESN'T hate winter and snow?-copy-046-sefton-2.jpg  

Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,715 times
I love winter, and snow.

However, I must admit that I no longer have access to it, so that could explain my fondness for it.

I'm sure if I had to put up with it every year, there would be no end to the string of profanity every morning when I had to scrape the windows or shovel the drive before I could go to work.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 AM

606 posts, read 1,078,350 times
Thank you guys for all your answers! Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys winter, and welcomes it.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
I used to live somewhere where we had four seasons before I moved out to Southern CA (not by choice) many , many years ago. I'd probably lean towards putting up with the snow rather than having to deal with super high heat. It is 101 degrees today and we are only in May! Yikes I don't have much experience with a real winter because I was just a boy when I came to my current location but I'm sure that if there's a will there's a way right?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Well, for the record of this thread I adore wintry weather and the snow, cold, and wind that come with it.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,213,822 times
Where do you live Patricius Maximus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather