U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate the climate of Bariloche, Argentina?
A 9 21.95%
B 13 31.71%
C 7 17.07%
D 4 9.76%
E 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM

838 posts, read 2,517,837 times

Advertisements

I've read a lot of the Rate the climate threads, and I wanted to strat my own.
This city has a cool temperate climate with dry, windy summers and rainy (and snowy) winters.

San Carlos de Bariloche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very sunny and dry in the summer and very rainy and cloudy in the winter.

I give it a A-. If it wasn't for the wind, it would be a solid A. Not that I don't like the wind, but in Bariloche (as in Patagonia in general) it's a bit too much. (I've been there).

In the summer, despite the fact that average highs are in the low 70s, the temp can reach 86 (30 C), but as the humidity is low, it's still pleasant weather. And you know you can always sleep comfortably well considering the cool average lows for summer.

Winter is nice with rain, snow and wind, and also some sunny days, though fewer than in summer. The temps are cold but not harsh.

What do you think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM

10,669 posts, read 14,349,077 times
This climate is an almost identical southern hemisphere equivalent to my home city of Vancouver even down to the precip pattern. I give it a D (the same as my own city) because of the cold winters and relatively high snowfall.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,921,929 times
A- for me. Winters are a little milder than ideal, but since snow seems to be a guarantee and the summers are perfect for me, I doubt I would complain about that.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:59 PM

5,127 posts, read 7,646,826 times
Around the C mark, but need sunshine data.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,537,640 times
I don't like this. It's like a colder version of my own climate (which is pretty poor already). Look how cold the summer lows are! I give it a 'D' for the lack of extreme heat or cold and I'm sure I'd enjoy the winter snowfall.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 AM

838 posts, read 2,517,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Around the C mark, but need sunshine data.
clima
This site is in Spanish, but I think anyone with a little knowledge of meteorology will surely understand the data. Just click on the "INSOLACIÓN" tab. It's 2637 hours annually.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM

5,127 posts, read 7,646,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
clima
This site is in Spanish, but I think anyone with a little knowledge of meteorology will surely understand the data. Just click on the "INSOLACIÓN" tab. It's 2637 hours annually.
Thanks - then I make it a B-. A bit warmer and it would be up to B+.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 PM

19,233 posts, read 17,052,191 times
C-. the summer isn't warm enough to make up for the winter, also too dry in summer. I like the sunshine total though, very nice. Minimum temperatures in winter aren't as cold as I would have thought. The local alpine lake here (600 m and at the same latitude) has both a lower min and higher max in winter.

I would give it an A for places to visit it though. I would like to ski, and spend time in that region.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM

15,312 posts, read 15,590,876 times
I like it. Comfortable temperatures year-round, especially during the summer. Interesting climate in general.

A

Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM

5,929 posts, read 9,552,690 times
I ve been in Bariloche many many times. Been there in the winter, in the summer, and in spring.

The best experience was in winter: cold and snowy (where i came from -mar del plata, buenos aires province-, theres NO snow, so it was cool to see it), but not very humid so, eventhough the temperatures were really low compared to my city, you didnt felt them as much cause there was no humidty. Dry cold. Cool.

Summer: Been there 3 different times in summer. First time i was there (a lot of years ago, when i was 12) was very "summery" days in the 80s, even reaching 90 one or two times, and colder nights (50-60). The other two (last one was last year) were HORRID. Crazy cold, rainy summers! Last year was a very very hot summer all around the country: the temperatures were 90 almost everyday almost everywhere. I went for Bariloche for 2 weeks (came from Buenos Aires, drove through La Pampa -very desertic HOT, more than a 100 f-) and it was 40 f!!! In the middle of the day!!! In january!! Im not lying. We only had summer clothes and light jackets and ALL DAYS FOR TWO WEEKS WERE RAINY AND FREEZING!!!. Highs were like 55, lows were 40f!!! It was crazy. I got a cold, and all my friends that went with me got a cold too. The other summer i spent year (5 years ago) was almost the same: not as bad, but you never saw the sun, it was really cold for a summer (highs in the 60s) and it didnt felt like summer at all.

Spring: i went in the beggining of november, so spring have already been started for one and a half months. But there, it was still winter, it was SNOWING and raining, and we basically had a horrid time cause we didnt had much winter clothes.

So, my conclusion is that Bariloche has reaaaaally long winters, it rains all the time, summer last 2 weeks (this said by people that live there), and you basically never see the sun. The only good thing about Bariloche weather are the winters, cause at least you expect what you will get. Rest of the year is unexpected. Too bad cause Bariloche is a BEAUTIFUL place.

Anyways, for all that, i give it an E .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather