U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate this climate
A/A- 6 11.76%
B/B- 2 3.92%
C/C- 3 5.88%
D/D- 9 17.65%
F 31 60.78%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

6,489 posts, read 12,169,586 times

Advertisements

A lot of people that like warm/hot weather (I am one example) would find some of the months in this weather climate to be a little bit too hot.

A lot of people that like warm/hot weather like temperatures in the 70/80s/90s but not the 100s such as 105 degrees and higher.

Also, there are plenty of people that like warm/hot weather but still like temperature and seasonal variation and sometimes like cooler temperatures.

Overall, I give Khartoumm Sudan's weather climate a C.

Too hot from April to October and too dry. I like the temperatures November to March but I rather have those temperatures in November to March to happen in May to September. Also I like a lot of sunshine but I like a lot of precipitation. This climate has way too little precipitation for me.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 06-08-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 PM

148 posts, read 290,895 times
I give it a D, that borders on hellish!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:01 PM

2,688 posts, read 4,536,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
A++ looks like paradise to me... 3700 hours of sun AND average highs over 30C in every month... ahh... just makes me so happy thinking about it
LOL, I thought you might downgrade it for "chilly" winter lows.

I give it an 'F', but it at least has a pleasant January.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM

838 posts, read 2,516,526 times
A downright F... Absolute hell! How depressing!
BTW, have you noticed in that picture that most vehicles seem to be white? It seems that in hot places, not only clothes, but vehicles are light-colored... it may be because the color white reflects the sunlight away? Or am I just confusing things?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM

9,745 posts, read 15,473,122 times
I...think I would actually kill myself if I had to live there. There isn't a low enough letter in the alphabet for me to vote on this.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:27 PM

2,789 posts, read 5,910,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
A downright F... Absolute hell! How depressing!
BTW, have you noticed in that picture that most vehicles seem to be white? It seems that in hot places, not only clothes, but vehicles are light-colored... it may be because the color white reflects the sunlight away? Or am I just confusing things?
You may be right about the color unless it has some religious significance.
Women on the other hand wear black burqas and are covered head to toe. Now THAT is torture!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 PM

186 posts, read 295,537 times
I think even the most hardcore heat and sun lovers would hate this climate. I'm liking the sun, and the lack of rain, and the winter (Dec to Feb) temperatures are tolerable. Other than that, it's way too hot, and this is coming from me, a heat lover. I'd give it a C- (or D+). Maybe a C if I can have a car and an AC (and utilities included in the place I live).

Old 06-10-2011, 07:53 PM

2,789 posts, read 5,910,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbereth View Post
I think even the most hardcore heat and sun lovers would hate this climate. I'm liking the sun, and the lack of rain, and the winter (Dec to Feb) temperatures are tolerable. Other than that, it's way too hot, and this is coming from me, a heat lover. I'd give it a C- (or D+). Maybe a C if I can have a car and an AC (and utilities included in the place I live).
I think you underestimate heat lovers. One in particular thought Marble Bar is the best place in Australia. It is only marginally cooler than Khartoum. Click on the first page of the "dream climate" thread (a little down below) to get an idea.

And ColdCanadian thought of a climate somewhere in Ethiopia but that was 2 kilometers below sea level!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 AM

4,348 posts, read 6,297,065 times
The only positive thing is low humidity. Other than that, it's hell on Earth. Personally, I'd rather live on an ice floe than Khartoum.

F.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:51 AM

584 posts, read 1,093,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post

And ColdCanadian thought of a climate somewhere in Ethiopia but that was 2 kilometers below sea level!
Nowhere on the surface of the planet is 2km below sea level. The Danakil Depression is 155m below sea level, and on average is the hottest place on Earth.

Mid-winter temperatures average 90/80, and mid-summer averages 115/95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather