U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite weather falls under...
An entire season 5 33.33%
Particular periods within seasons 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,471,354 times

Advertisements

I love the early parts of winter,
how bout' a reindeer on a sleigh

I love bright sunny spring days,
the rains can stay away

Summer brings promise,
the dog days I'll do without

Give me cool crisp fall days,
with changing foliage no doubt

What's your favorite kind of weather? Is it a season or is it a particular period within a season?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM

933 posts, read 1,914,770 times
I cannot choose one season over the others. I prefer to have all four seasons of mild weather.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 PM

15,320 posts, read 15,647,277 times
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons, but the best time of the year is early to mid fall when the leaves are changing/falling, the air is fresh, crisp, and cool, and the days are getting shorter. Ahhh, can't wait until October!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaul View Post
I cannot choose one season over the others. I prefer to have all four seasons of mild weather.
O.K. I get ya. I just don't like the days within each season - particularly summer and winter - when you feel like you've had enough... for example when it's still freezing in April or when summer refuses to give up and it's still hot as hell in early October.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons, but the best time of the year is early to mid fall when the leaves are changing/falling, the air is fresh, crisp, and cool, and the days are getting shorter. Ahhh, can't wait until October!
We could be twins.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 PM

933 posts, read 1,914,770 times
^^ I guess that would be also something of my liking. highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s

Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 PM

5,929 posts, read 9,583,227 times
My favourite time of the year where i live is withouth a doubt the WINTER . Love it all.
I also love the FALL. So beautiful!
I never feel i have enough of those two cause we actually havent got enough of them. The Warm/Hot weather goes from September till May, when the "cold" weather starts in June and it ends in the beggining of september.
My favourite month so far is June. Late fall (aka, "real" fall) and the beggining of winter. But July probably gets better, it gets colder!
August is cold too, with the ocasional mini summer around the end of it, after the Santa Rosa storm.
I love fall, eventhough most of it is spring. April is really warm (warmer than october) and May is rather mild. Love both months (cause they are "pleasant" warm).

Summer and the end of spring are awful. Totally hate them.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:01 PM

10,669 posts, read 14,419,672 times
Summer for me for sure... although, summers where I live don't even feel like summer really... wish I lived in a place with a real summer but mild winters too

Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Summer for me for sure... although, summers where I live don't even feel like summer really... wish I lived in a place with a real summer but mild winters too
Quite the opposite for me. I'd rather live somewhere with a real winter and mild summer. Although New York's winters are considered cold, I find them a bit too mild for my taste. Toronto has a perfect winter. I would love to live there.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 PM

13,076 posts, read 13,015,269 times
I can find something positive in each and every season, I love the variety!

Nothing like Spring watching things come back to life, Summer is fun, love all the flowers, Fall is a favorite time, crisp nights, awesome colors and the 1st big snowfall in Winter is just too pretty for words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather