Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,841 posts, read 19,053,659 times
Reputation: 9586

Advertisements

An interesting article on GLobal Warming!

Global Warming Replaces 9/11 As Justification To Do Anything!


regards....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,235 posts, read 3,777,552 times
Reputation: 397
NewAgeRedneck AKA Franco:

It's an intriguing comparison, global warming and 9/11, but if you're going to use conspiracy theory sites to try to discredit what you claim is a conspiracy theory, then you're kind of defeating your own argument.

Nevertheless, I see the parallels in terms of how the government used 9/11, and could potentially use global warming, as an excuse to impose more control over us.

The biggest hole in this argument is that the government is mostly downplaying global warming. We're at war to protect our oil supplies, not to ween ourselves off of oil. You're comparing apples to lobster. Show us the smoking gun, show us how the oil-company-dominated Bush Administration is using global warming against us. It doesn't make sense, unless they're very clever in their use of Machiavellian techniques to turn their own enemies into their servants.

Ummm.... Having just said that last sentence, and thinking about Dick Cheney, I think I see your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,841 posts, read 19,053,659 times
Reputation: 9586
Default Information only!

I posted the links to those articles for informational purposes, not becasue I believe them hook, line, and sinker. I like to look at this whole thing from many different angles. I really haven't formed any hard and fast conclusions, though I am leaning toward the global warming camp.

Even scientists are not truly doing totally objective studies. No matter who we are, we have our pet beliefs, attitudes, expectations, and outlooks which color EVERYTHING we do, even so-called objective research. Also, when I'm looking at the work of a scientist, I'm always asking who's writing the paycheck. Funny thing about research...the findings always seem to prove the point of the person or organization whose money is funding the project.

blessings....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Indiana Uplands
26,494 posts, read 46,908,726 times
Reputation: 19665
The graphs that I have seen regarding temperatures and CO2 are interesting. It seems that the CO2 levels increase first and then the temperatures. Is their a way to control man-made CO2 that continues to increase exponentially. (China, India etc) Also, the data shows that CO2 levels are now at the highest levels in thousands of years of record keeping according to ice core data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,235 posts, read 3,777,552 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
...CO2 levels increase first and then the temperatures.
According to the hysteria from right-wingers, warming happens first, then CO2 rises. They have no scientific explanation for this but we must believe them because we must keep Dick Cheney in power or else the USA will be filled with gay pride parades.

The above warning is distilled from my various readings of anti-science religious right-wingers. If you don't believe me, you can "chat" with them in various public restrooms by tapping your foot... send $5 and a SASE for details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
 
458 posts, read 780,185 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
According to the hysteria from right-wingers, warming happens first, then CO2 rises. They have no scientific explanation for this but we must believe them because we must keep Dick Cheney in power or else the USA will be filled with gay pride parades.

The above warning is distilled from my various readings of anti-science religious right-wingers. If you don't believe me, you can "chat" with them in various public restrooms by tapping your foot... send $5 and a SASE for details.
Let's see, who now is making the discussion of GW political?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,235 posts, read 3,777,552 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Let's see, who now is making the discussion of GW political?
I'm thinking it was more "non-sensical" with a dose of politics, religion, and several forms of mental illness for which I am currently seeking treatment.

Know a good shrink in the Austin area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,841 posts, read 19,053,659 times
Reputation: 9586
Default On a lighter note!

On a lighter note, watch this hilarious video.

BushParodyOnGLobalWarming.wmv
3906K Download

enjoy....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 PM
 
458 posts, read 780,185 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
I'm thinking it was more "non-sensical" with a dose of politics, religion, and several forms of mental illness for which I am currently seeking treatment.

Know a good shrink in the Austin area?
Is, "Dr. Phil" from Austin?

Wait, you said good and shrink. So never mind...

Oh, and I have no clue as to his political affiliation or his feelings on global warming so this is not a slap at the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Indiana Uplands
26,494 posts, read 46,908,726 times
Reputation: 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
According to the hysteria from right-wingers, warming happens first, then CO2 rises. They have no scientific explanation for this but we must believe them because we must keep Dick Cheney in power or else the USA will be filled with gay pride parades.

The above warning is distilled from my various readings of anti-science religious right-wingers. If you don't believe me, you can "chat" with them in various public restrooms by tapping your foot... send $5 and a SASE for details.
According to the evidence I have seen the CO2 concentrations increase and the temperatures increase a short while after. It is a lag affect. Steps should be taken to reduce man-made carbon dioxide because the levels of CO2 are now at a very high level according to historical ice core records. However, how will the efforts to reduce CO2 work when the developing world wants to emulate the US? The climate is getting warmer, ice cover is shrinking, invasive species are moving further north. I am moving further north as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top