Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 06:50 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1138769 View Post
I like cool morning coupled with early sunrises, like does in Java highlands
Nei is lucky having early sunrises before 6 even with DST
Though as I said, I wish they were a bit later.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:51 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
would you mind atlantic ?

Old 04-30-2015, 06:52 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Sunrise: 5:47 am
Sunset: 7:48 pm

If 6:49 am is early enough for sunrise for you, going by our daylight, we should switch our clocks on March 22 (sunrise was 6:50 am with daylight savings time). I actually don't care for sunrises as early as we get, I like seeing early morning sun and dawn, and it's hard to wake up early enough for it. On the plus side, it means I avoid the coldest time of the day. Once summer comes around, sunrise temperatures are pleasant and a nice break — good for getting a bike ride in.
Yeah, it's amazing the differences we have between here and where you are. Our earliest sunrise is 6:25 - what's yours?

I pretty much get up before sunrise all year round - not hard to do down here...lol. I'll have to check to see what the times will be in Paris while I'm here.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 AM

^^ Your annual earliest is the annual latest sunrise time for here, if you don't have DST (EST) in summer your annual earliest sunrise time would be the same with Jakarta's earliest

Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1138769 View Post
would you mind atlantic ?
No, but it would mean very late sunrises in winter. I could probably tolerate 8 am, for better times in the spring / summer. I would be waking up in the dark often near the equinoxes, but it might be fun to wake up in the dark and see the sun come up. I think half an hour later would be ideal, rather than a full hour.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 AM

Atlantic means half 9 sunset as well for you

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Yeah, it's amazing the differences we have between here and where you are. Our earliest sunrise is 6:25 - what's yours?

I pretty much get up before sunrise all year round - not hard to do down here...lol. I'll have to check to see what the times will be in Paris while I'm here.
You wake up earlier than I do, I'm going to wake up earlier this summer but more just to get more daylight. If the sunrises weren't so early, I wouldn't have a reason to move my sleep schedule so early.

Earliest sunrise is 5:13 am. Coastal Maine has its earliest sunrise at almost 4:40 am! Rather annoying that it couldn't stay light a bit later; the locals seem like they're early risers. I remember taking the ferry from Bar Harbor to Nova Scotia (route got canceled — though the Portland ferry I think is still running) and the next day sunset was a bit after 9 pm. The ferry actually went slightly south. Not that it really mattered since we were on the same sleep schedule, we were on vacation anyway. But somehow it seemed better to wake up at 6-7 am than 5-6 am.

Last summer solstice, I woke up early enough so I could see the sunrise and went for a walk. Mid 40s at sunrise, unusually cold. House was rather chilly in the morning, left the windows open to clear out any heat. First photo is from that morning:

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post35388781

You can see that the dew points were low (and therefore a cool morning) from the sky color combined with the cooler weather clouds, not typical of midsummer. I think it had warmed up into the mid 50s soon after 8 am, when I started the bike ride.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
No, but it would mean very late sunrises in winter. I could probably tolerate 8 am, for better times in the spring / summer. I would be waking up in the dark often near the equinoxes, but it might be fun to wake up in the dark and see the sun come up. I think half an hour later would be ideal, rather than a full hour.
Imagine what's it's like for me, being up in the dark for 2 full hours 3x a year - mid-winter, just before DST comes off and just after it comes on. In Paris, I'll try and sync my sleeping cycle to match the period of darkness, i.e., sleep from dusk to dawn - I think that's pretty neat to do.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
You wake up earlier than I do, I'm going to wake up earlier this summer but more just to get more daylight. If the sunrises weren't so early, I wouldn't have a reason to move my sleep schedule so early.

Earliest sunrise is 5:13 am. Coastal Maine has its earliest sunrise at almost 4:40 am! Rather annoying that it couldn't stay light a bit later; the locals seem like they're early risers. I remember taking the ferry from Bar Harbor to Nova Scotia (route got canceled — though the Portland ferry I think is still running) and the next day sunset was a bit after 9 pm. The ferry actually went slightly south. Not that it really mattered since we were on the same sleep schedule, we were on vacation anyway. But somehow it seemed better to wake up at 6-7 am than 5-6 am.

Last summer solstice, I woke up early enough so I could see the sunrise and went for a walk. Mid 40s at sunrise, unusually cold. House was rather chilly in the morning, left the windows open to clear out any heat. First photo is from that morning:

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...l#post35388781

You can see that the dew points were low (and therefore a cool morning) from the sky color combined with the cooler weather clouds, not typical of midsummer. I think it had warmed up into the mid 50s soon after 8 am, when I started the bike ride.
If I lived in Maine, I'd be a very early riser indeed...lol. I guess I would sleep from 9 to 4:30 in summer. It'd be so odd to go out for a walk at 4:45 am and have it be daylight. I bet that's a peaceful time of day to be out and about though - what a great time to go for a hike or bike ride.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 AM

I always wake up in dawnlight before sunrise due to prayer (around 05:00 - 05:45 am)

Banyuwangi at 8 degrees south latitude has 04:50 am as earliest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather