Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
Lucky you for having a pool in your building. My building doesn't have one. Anyway, I started to put into practica some of the advice given in this thread, like shutting the curtains and even the window blinds. This is something I don't usually do even if it's very hot outside. I don't do it because I like the sunlight! That's one reason for not liking the heat, it drives you to take shelter from the sunlight in your own home!!!

Sophie, we should consider ourselves lucky not to be in locations like Junín or Pergamino, where there's an expected high of 40 C for Wednesday! (a bit unusual for this region of Argentina). Fortunately, it seems that just one day after that the high temps will plummet to 20-25 C for this region, including BA.
20-25 C will feel very pleasant after dealing with such hot weather.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way an attempt to parade my "aberrational preferences".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your advice

For Rozzenm that asked me if i can make cross-ventilation, I can. I have huge windows on both sides of my apparment. I open them all when its not too hot and a nice air starts circulating.
Have you put big window fans in both windows? That can help a lot, though it's harder when your nights are that warm. Close your windows and shades in the day, especially if you're out.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Every once in a while jump in the cold shower or bath.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Yeah, in the last heatwave i showered 4 or 5 times a day, mostly in the nightime. i mean COLD showers. I do shower at least twice a day in summer days anyway, cause i shower eveerytime i wake up and everytime i come home from wherever. But in hot days im all day in the shower, lol.

I just went to the supermarket and bought:

_a lantern (lol, of course i electricity goes down i preffer to have a good lantern instead of hot candles).
-a lot of melon
-tomato
-lettuce
-kani-kama (a type of cold fish to eat with salads)
-tuna
-oranges

this is what im gonna eat in the next 4 days. Only salads and fish and fruits :P

Hope it works!

Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,952,941 times
Move to Sydney

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...4.latest.shtml

Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM

lol, thats too expensive

Im coping fine with 24 celsius night tonight, cause night is windy and i have windowns open so a nice current is flowing through the appartment. Tomorrow night is gonna be worst temperature-wise, though. But i think worst days are gonna be wednesday-thursday, cause appartment will be really heated making it more difficult to sleep.

im really enjoying melon!!! mmmh, havent had one in a while, i forgot how good it was. Good part about summer: you get to eat all this juicy, delicious, fruit. Plus, melons and peaches, my favourite fruits, are best in summer time.

That only good part though :P (and the pool).

Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Self medicate until you pass out.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:43 PM

lol, maybe ill do that tomorrow.

what medications do u recommend??

Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Yeah, in the last heatwave i showered 4 or 5 times a day, mostly in the nightime. i mean COLD showers. I do shower at least twice a day in summer days anyway, cause i shower eveerytime i wake up and everytime i come home from wherever. But in hot days im all day in the shower, lol.

I just went to the supermarket and bought:

_a lantern (lol, of course i electricity goes down i preffer to have a good lantern instead of hot candles).
-a lot of melon
-tomato
-lettuce
-kani-kama (a type of cold fish to eat with salads)
-tuna
-oranges

this is what im gonna eat in the next 4 days. Only salads and fish and fruits :P

Hope it works!
I crave foods like that in summer. Right now I have cravings for carbs, like Christmas cookies.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Quote:
lol, maybe ill do that tomorrow.

what medications do u recommend??

Maybe a few bottles of that award winning Argentine wine. They say it's excellent.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather