Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which coast?
West coast 53 48.62%
East coast 35 32.11%
Gulf coast 21 19.27%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times

Advertisements

Wasn't last winter atypical for winter in the UK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,674 times
Ugh, I'm so done with the Pacific Northwest! It rains ALL THE TIME (REALLY!), high of 44ish every day for months. Nice in the summer, but it can literally rain all the way up through June! I voted for Gulf Coast -- I lived there as a kid and loved it, and I'm on this forum thinking of moving back.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:14 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
East Coast easily for me, generally a lot more variability in the seasons which I enjoy. The Gulf Coast in general is just a bit too hot and humid for me, though seasonal variations are decent here as well.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,028 times
California has perfect climate and terrain..

It's extremley nice.. No humid ever!

You cannot comment unless you've been there

Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Well, I think I can comment since I've been to places with identical climates and terrain as California

Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Most places experience "California-like" weather at some point during the year.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Interesting read, kind of strange with the extreme variance for the east coast and one can't live along the whole coast. Initial thought, what is the point??? I like the east coast from Isle of the Palms, SC and north, not so crazy about the rest.

California is definitely not utopia, nice to place to visit, been there many, many times (for more than a few days) but I prefer east over west.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM

233 posts, read 333,548 times
Gulf coast as well as the south of both East and West Coast are out of question for me because of boring hot and humid weather all year round!
Remains the upper parts of East and West Coast, and that is really confusing!!
West Coast:
- adv: cooler and drier summer, winters are not that long and seldom freeze, milder weather
- disad: boriiiiing weather which makes it depressing, more precipitation DAYS, less sun, less thunderstorms
East Coast (northern part):
- adv: more variety and defined seasons, winters are snowy which is a MUST in winter
- disadv: very hoooot and humid summer, winters are quite long (no need for more than 2 weeks of snow) and very cold, prone to weather phenomena (strong thunderstorms, hurricanes, strong winds...)

I am really confused but I think the East Coast has a less boring and less depressing weather which is very important for me. I could withstand chilly winters if I am promised with sun at the end of the day. West Coast is mostly overcast.
Sooooo I think I will go for the East Coast but not by far. East Coast (55%) and West Coast (45%) because of snowy winters and more variable seasons.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:59 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernon-9 View Post
Gulf coast as well as the south of both East and West Coast are out of question for me because of boring hot and humid weather all year round!
Remains the upper parts of East and West Coast, and that is really confusing!!
West Coast:
- adv: cooler and drier summer, winters are not that long and seldom freeze, milder weather
- disad: boriiiiing weather which makes it depressing, more precipitation DAYS, less sun, less thunderstorms
East Coast (northern part):
- adv: more variety and defined seasons, winters are snowy which is a MUST in winter
- disadv: very hoooot and humid summer, winters are quite long (no need for more than 2 weeks of snow) and very cold, prone to weather phenomena (strong thunderstorms, hurricanes, strong winds...)

I am really confused but I think the East Coast has a less boring and less depressing weather which is very important for me. I could withstand chilly winters if I am promised with sun at the end of the day. West Coast is mostly overcast.
Sooooo I think I will go for the East Coast but not by far. East Coast (55%) and West Coast (45%) because of snowy winters and more variable seasons.
The Pacific Northwest may be mostly overcast, but not Southern California. Sure they get the marine layer, but it's definitely more often than not sunny.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 PM

3,586 posts, read 4,974,461 times
West Coast. Good climates in Alaska, and even the San Diego isn't as bad as Key West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather