Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times

Advertisements

Have you ever had a dream about the weather? With some of us being weather fanatics, I'm sure a lot of you had (in fact, I think that is all some members here dream about).

In my latest weather-related dream - about a week ago - I dreamed that abnormally warm weather was forecast for Duluth - on the TV, they were forecasting lows around 55 and highs around 70 for one day, and lows around 65 and highs around 80 for the next. Keep in mind that normals are highs in the lower 20s and lows in the mid-to-upper single digits. Then (I might be making this part up) they showed the current temperature as 68 degrees. I ran outside, salvaged an indoor digital thermometer / hygrometer, and set it up on a tree as it calibrated itself. It was astoundingly warm, the grass was green, and I even think the trees had leaves on them. Meanwhile, the thermometer was madly fluctuating between 65 and 75 as it set itself. And then I woke up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
I had a dream that it snowed in September.. seem real at the time.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,729,991 times
Yeah, ususally of the heat wave variety, with forecast maximums of over 50C , which is not possible here.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

219 posts, read 481,265 times
I had a dream of a T-storm before and lightning striking the house bad enough that even when I moved far away from windows and electrical stuff and far interior-ward, I almost got killed!

Then I woke up!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,357,778 times
I had a dream once that I looked at the forecast for here (South FL) and I saw a forecast high of 18 F and a low of 0 F, with temps in Atlanta at -40 F, Chicago at -70 F and parts of the upper midwest with lows at -100 F, and then I woke up lol.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,409,050 times
Yes, I frequently dream about thunderstorms/tornadoes. I often get dreams about there being a thunderstorm around sunset and the clouds are lit up all red/orange and purple lightning is flashing in the clouds. A couple of weeks ago a had an interesting dream there was a severe hailstorm.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:01 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
No, but im hoping i dream about 12 celsius tonight

Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,556,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Have you ever had a dream about the weather? With some of us being weather fanatics, I'm sure a lot of you had (in fact, I think that is all some members here dream about).

In my latest weather-related dream - about a week ago - I dreamed that abnormally warm weather was forecast for Duluth - on the TV, they were forecasting lows around 55 and highs around 70 for one day, and lows around 65 and highs around 80 for the next. Keep in mind that normals are highs in the lower 20s and lows in the mid-to-upper single digits. Then (I might be making this part up) they showed the current temperature as 68 degrees. I ran outside, salvaged an indoor digital thermometer / hygrometer, and set it up on a tree as it calibrated itself. It was astoundingly warm, the grass was green, and I even think the trees had leaves on them. Meanwhile, the thermometer was madly fluctuating between 65 and 75 as it set itself. And then I woke up.
It seems you miss summer my friend

I had a few weather dreams when I was in Lille in December and about to move to Singapore. I kept suffering from the dreary winter in northern France and was really looking forward to moving to the Equator so I had a few dreams about my arrival in the tropics In one of them, I arrived and found the weather to be surprisingly cool, I started shivering and I thought "I was fooled, this place is not warm, dammit!"

More generally, I had other dreams about unusually high or low temperatures in various places, or snow in places where it's impossible to happen.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:30 AM

690 posts, read 1,201,672 times
Wind and Rain lashing against the window helps send me to sleep. Sometimes i try dreaming im huddled up in an Igloo with winds thrashing about outside in the hope it will send me to sleep.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 PM

733 posts, read 1,755,635 times
I have actually had several dreams where I was storm chasing and in those dreams, I always had great luck.
I have a dream that I can have that same luck in real life someday, though I don't know what I would do if I ever caught a town getting destroyed like Joplin did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather