Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 07:23 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,502,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Simmer View Post
Some bad storms out on the Bass Strait coastline (Wilsons Promontory in Victoria):

Look at these wind gusts! Latest Weather Observations Wilsons Promontory
Not a good day to be strolling around on the top of that thing, huh?

Of course, when I was there, it was just a light breeze, WARM and quite clear - I was left wondering why I couldn't see Tasmania from there (was told it was just too far.) Pretty neat place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 AM

3,190 posts, read 4,567,728 times
Fell well short of the forecast 29C today only managed to get to 26.3C.

Rest of the week is looking like it will be close to average-around 21-23C with a bit of rain for the next few days.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM

5,886 posts, read 10,485,118 times
This GOTTA BE the best day of the year climate wise!

Clear blue skies, crisp clean air, the skies are bluer than ever been, a temp of 14.7c and the sun is shinning high in the sky! I swear this is the best day EVER! I will be going out to pic nic in about an hour! THIS ARE THE DAYS I LOVE!!!!! Im gonna see if i take pics of the lovely sky, the awesome trees with the autumn colours...and post them here.
This day is so awesome that i dont understand why people love 20 to 30c celsius days but dont love THIS kind of days! 14-15 celsius cool and sunny....YOU CANT BEAT THAT!

Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM

840 posts, read 3,047,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

Clear blue skies, crisp clean air, the skies are bluer than ever been, a temp of 14.7c and the sun is shinning high in the sky! I swear this is the best day EVER! I will be going out to pic nic in about an hour! THIS ARE THE DAYS I LOVE!!!!! Im gonna see if i take pics of the lovely sky, the awesome trees with the autumn colours...and post them here.
This day is so awesome that i dont understand why people love 20 to 30c celsius days but dont love THIS kind of days! 14-15 celsius cool and sunny....YOU CANT BEAT THAT!
I totally agree. I can't describe how nice it feels in a day like today.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,046,227 times
Quote:

Yes, I also enjoy temps in the mid-teens with abundant sunshine (provided there is little wind), like we're having at the moment: 17 C and sunny with light winds.

I think you would very much enjoy San Francisco's climate.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,046,227 times
Fantastic late autumn day today: 20 C high and sunny all day long. Sadly, this is probably the last 20 C until Sep / Oct.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Yes, I also enjoy temps in the mid-teens with abundant sunshine (provided there is little wind), like we're having at the moment: 17 C and sunny with light winds.

I think you would very much enjoy San Francisco's climate.
really? does san francisco averages a lot of days like this one? wow, thats awesome!

Yesterday it was great, was it sanfel? Only "downside" is that when i finally went out to pic nic (kinda late, at 4 pm, my date only came to pick me up at that time) there were clouds in the sky, it was partly cloudy lets say, and at that hour the sun wasnt shinning so hard. But anyway it was a lovely evening, and an AMAZING night. I walked around like 50 blocks, went to different places, and came back at home at 1 in the morning and the night was JUST SO LOVELY. I think around 8-9 celsius....way nicer than a 27 celsius night if you ask me. And than a 20c night. And than a 15c night. Actually, 9 celsius nights are my favourite!

Today is an EVEN NICER DAY than yesterday if thats possible. Temp 16 celsius, supper shinny and sunny and today im going out in less than an hour (its 1 pm here) so im gonna enjoy the day more. Days like yesterday and today are days to be out ALL DAY AND NIGHT and be at home as less as possible.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:14 PM

Ok just came back home after an AMAZING day out...with the weather like this, is difficult to not have a good time walking around by the lovely city!

Now at 9 pm temp is 15c, so is clearly a warmer day than yesterday (also more humid, particius!) and temp at daytime was around 17 i would guess. Day was WONDERFUL, the sky was super blue and sun was shinning up in the sky, the air was amazing, the breeze from the south was super light, and the night was lovely to walk. I took some pics with my cel (lousy quality) of the walk i did today, youll see how blue the sky was and how amazing were the plants in the park.

Really, May is the best time of the year climate-wise!

here some pics of today (took between 4 and 5pm) :

lovely, arent they?
Attached Thumbnails
Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0082.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0085.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0088.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0089.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0090.jpg  

Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0094.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0095.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0096.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0099.jpg   Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-foto0100.jpg  

Last edited by SophieLL; 05-13-2012 at 07:28 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,216,066 times
Quote:
really? does san francisco averages a lot of days like this one? wow, thats awesome!

Yesterday it was great, was it sanfel? Only "downside" is that when i finally went out to pic nic (kinda late, at 4 pm, my date only came to pick me up at that time) there were clouds in the sky, it was partly cloudy lets say, and at that hour the sun wasnt shinning so hard. But anyway it was a lovely evening, and an AMAZING night. I walked around like 50 blocks, went to different places, and came back at home at 1 in the morning and the night was JUST SO LOVELY. I think around 8-9 celsius....way nicer than a 27 celsius night if you ask me. And than a 20c night. And than a 15c night. Actually, 9 celsius nights are my favourite!

Today is an EVEN NICER DAY than yesterday if thats possible. Temp 16 celsius, supper shinny and sunny and today im going out in less than an hour (its 1 pm here) so im gonna enjoy the day more. Days like yesterday and today are days to be out ALL DAY AND NIGHT and be at home as less as possible.
Eh. San Francisco doesn't just average around 17°C it doesn't do much else. Fairly sunny else thick fog rolls in. You didn't like it very much previously ( see link below) but perhaps last summer made you change your opinion?

//www.city-data.com/forum/19564255-post22.html

And yea, looks very clear. Vegetation looks different from what I'm used to.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Eh. San Francisco doesn't just average around 17°C it doesn't do much else. Fairly sunny else thick fog rolls in. You didn't like it very much previously ( see link below) but perhaps last summer made you change your opinion?

//www.city-data.com/forum/19564255-post22.html

And yea, looks very clear. Vegetation looks different from what I'm used to.
oh well, i actually rate it a C-, thats actually a good rating for me. Consider i never rated anything above a B, so C is actually a good rating to me. What i said is that i didnt like that it lacked variety (wich is true) and that it has no winter (wich is true). I might love 17 or 15 c sunny, but i also LOVE, 10 or 9 celsius and sunny, wich is what we get here in BA in the WINTERTIME, and SF doesnt seem to get ever. All in all, i will probably rate it a C, but i agree with what i said in the link.

About vegetation in my pics, how is so different from what you are used to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather