Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,232,095 times

Advertisements

There was light frost on the grass this morning in western Sydney...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 AM

414 posts, read 797,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
There was light frost on the grass this morning in western Sydney...
Lowest in the Sydney Basin this morning was 12.1C/53.8F which is way too high for any ground frost. There has been heavy dew the past couple of mornings though, which can be mistaken for frost at times.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Today was one of the most uncomfortable days of the summer. Ok, it wasnt the hottest or even close to it (temp got to be only 30c/31c with a heat index of 33c), but it was very humid, very uncomfortable, cloudy but with the stong (very strong) sun right there behind the clouds and it was like if the clouds were so low you could touch them? the sun also? am i explaining myself? it was one of those days when you can barely walk cause the sky is squashing you, its very humid, overall....intolerable

I was with my mom and we waited till 7 pm to go walking by the city cause before that it was too hot (and when the sun came it was unbearable), at that hour temp was 30c and heat index 33c, we started walking and there wasnt wind AT ALL, like at all, it was all quiet, but very very humid, like with low pressure....i dont know how to explain it. Anyways, after walking 20 blocks, it was already nightime, i started feeling dizzy, nauseated, felt like i was gonna vomit, couldnt stand still, we had to take a taxi back home and me taking a COLD shower and be put in front of the fan, drinking COLD water. Man, it was the worst night of the summer, i think i suffered a heat stroke or something, my pressure went low, i got dizzy, im still dizzy and recovering from this, but it was SO awful!. I often got dizzy in the heat but this was the WORST i felt in the whole summer! Im absolutely tired of this HOT HIGH HUMIDITY days!! Im really really tired to having to beare with this weather since november, my body is not taking this well!!!

And i cant even believe im writing this in the "autumn southern hemisphere" thread, we are freaking baking here, and i guess this will continue for at least a month. PLEASE, stop it!!

anyways, i needed the rant.

Now off to drink more cold water and, hopefully, sleep.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,587,584 times
41.1C / 106F today, our hottest March day in 5 years. Another hot day tomorrow before it cools down to around 30C /86F for the rest of the week.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/p...-records/20994

Last edited by sulkiercupid; 03-11-2012 at 04:50 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,067,660 times
Got down to 2.5 C here on Saturday morning -- a very cold night for early March (nearly 10 C below average).

Old 03-15-2012, 12:37 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,067,660 times
Today is a prime example of how the daily highs can often give a false impression of the weather here. 25 C and sunny at 11 AM, then the southerly came through and we were overcast and 15 C for the rest of the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Autumn 2012 Thread (Southern Hemisphere)-untitled.jpg  

Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Today is a prime example of how the daily highs can often give a false impression of the weather here. 25 C and sunny at 11 AM, then the southerly came through and we were overcast and 15 C for the rest of the day.
Yikes. I certainly don't miss those cold changes in Chch. I can remember a few nice days turning to custard in a short time.

The cooler air means that freezing lows are forecast in some parts of the south. Daytime max temps will still be warm, with a -1C-25C/30F-77F forecast for Alexandra.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,730,942 times
Last few days have been classic mid-March days, temps in the mid to high 20's C.
However, as the local radio station has told us, a "succession of Southerly changes" are on their way, starting tomorrow - just in time for the week-end.
Looks like Sunday's plan of a day trip to Nelson Bay with fish and chips on the beach, is now a day for Ten Pin Bowling:

Williamtown weather - local weather forecast

Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM

414 posts, read 797,923 times
Today is full on summer here in Sydney with a temp/DP combo of 30/20 in most suburbs away from the immediate coast, yuck. Fortunately as Derek has said above, a cooldown is on the way and this time autumn is in sight- quite a significant cool change progged at the end of next week. Of course this may fizzle but its a reminder that summer is almost done.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:11 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,232,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxnerd86 View Post
Today is full on summer here in Sydney with a temp/DP combo of 30/20 in most suburbs away from the immediate coast, yuck. Fortunately as Derek has said above, a cooldown is on the way and this time autumn is in sight- quite a significant cool change progged at the end of next week. Of course this may fizzle but its a reminder that summer is almost done.
Summers in Stdney have always sucked, looks good on paper, but in reality, it's not comfortable conditions to be exposed to..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather