Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate shold win?
Singapore 22 23.40%
San Diego 72 76.60%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM

914 posts, read 2,097,202 times

Advertisements

This is the continuation of my Epic Climate Battles Series. In the first battle, SF took victory over Dallas after winning the most votes for its year-round cool oceanic climate. Congratulation SF! Now for our next epic face off, the battle field this time will shift to the tropics, with Singapore battling it out against San Diego for the title "Heat lover's Paradise". Stay in tune for the Cold Lover's Edition of our battle series.

Introduction: On this forum Singapore is often cited as a getaway haven for heat lovers. If Singapore gets put up against San Diego, another heat lovers' favorite mention, which climate will trump?

San Diego : San Diego - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Singapore: Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My choice is San Diego.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,522,882 times
I don't think San Diego is a paradise for heat lovers, but instead for cold haters and to some extent, heat haters (being cooler in summer than most major metropolitan areas in the US - NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, etc. despite being much warmer than, say, SF or Seattle)

Both climates are very good imo. San Diego is devoid of real cold and has fabulous sunshine totals, but has very bland temperatures, while Singapore stays perpetually warm, and gets hot every day, but is significantly cloudier. Singapore boasts many more thunderstorms as well, has constant daylight and a high sun angle, all of which appeal to me. In addition, Singapore's vegetation is incomparably lusher and more beautiful than SD's dry landscape. Lastly, I love humidity, so :

Singapore despite SD having great sunshine totals.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 AM

2,745 posts, read 6,444,339 times
SD. Less humidity, more sunshine. If you at any time feel like you lack heat, just drive a few miles inland.

Singapore is not bad but I feel like the heat and the humidity would get under your skin eventually, especially since there are no seasons.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,567,463 times
SD for far more sun. Heat available nearby.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,867,346 times
I wouldn't call San Diego a heat lovers paradise either. A mild weather lover's paradise. I would like San Diego winter with Singapore summer. Both climates have good qualitities, but I would have to choose San Diego for the cooler winter. I would bet bored with those temps in Singapore I think. Close call though.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,485,208 times
Hmm. Do I sacrifice interest for comfort? San Diego is very dull but comfortable.. Singapore is rather stormy..

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM

5,886 posts, read 10,489,244 times
well, San Diego is way colder than Singapore, so i think the case here is gonna be that the cold lovers/heat haters are gonna vote for San Diego, and the heat lovers will vote Singapore.

I, of course, will vote San Diego! Despite not having a real winter, the temps in summer are lovely and wonderful, its sunny and comfortable, a million times better than Singapore, that is hellish year round!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,533,896 times
San Diego. I don't really care for the dryness of SD, but the year round temps suit me better. It's a little sunnier than I like, but not really a problem though.

I lived in Singapore for a while and found the climate comfortable, but maybe it would be less so, as one gets older.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,620,800 times
Singapore no contest. I love the tropical warmth with lush vegetation which San Diego lacks. San Diego is still a very decent climate though, far better than many others.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,970,747 times
Although both climates are awful and way too warm, and monotonous, I choose San Diego because it is much cooler than Singapore and not as monotonous. Of course I'm not a heat lover, so I will leave their judgment up to them (I still voted). I love your climate matchups, Kaul. I look forward to the next installment of Epic Climate Battles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather