Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,171,254 times

Advertisements

Is everyone enjoying this spell of amazing warm weather in March over most of the US? Enjoy it while we have it. I'm probably in the minority here, but i am officially predicting a significant setback in April. Watch for a chilly, rainy spell in many areas that have been mild this winter. Doubtful we will see any snow, but i do not think it is going to be nearly as nice of a month as March has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,965,117 times
I detest it myself. Bring on the snow .

Perhaps we should have a poll, be it by the actual polling function (a little late for that now) or just posting whether we like the heat wave or not.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:46 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,930,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Is everyone enjoying this spell of amazing warm weather in March over most of the US? Enjoy it while we have it. I'm probably in the minority here, but i am officially predicting a significant setback in April. Watch for a chilly, rainy spell in many areas that have been mild this winter. Doubtful we will see any snow, but i do not think it is going to be nearly as nice of a month as March has been.

Upper 70s right now in Cleveland. Forecast through the week is to be in the 70s, and may even hit 80! We've had a long stretch now of above normal temps. Unfortunately by the weekend it's back to reality, and back to the 50s. Oh well, at least we're getting closer to Summer, and while I'm sure we may get snow at some point, I can't imagine getting a blizzard, and having a ton of snow. The ground is too warm. The grass is turning green, and the trees are budding. If it stays warm enough we may have full leaves by the end of April. That is a rarity here, as the trees aren't usually full until mid-May around here. At any rate, I'm loving it!

Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 PM

83,304 posts, read 74,602,783 times
Just wait until Thursday.

Here's NAM model for Thursday afternoon.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:33 PM

174 posts, read 469,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Just wait until Thursday.

Here's NAM model for Thursday afternoon.
That's a common sight during summer, but so funny to see in March.

I have been loving it though - near 80 degree days this year, it feels more like the beginning of summer than the spring solstice.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter21 View Post
That's a common sight during summer, but so funny to see in March.

I have been loving it though - near 80 degree days this year, it feels more like the beginning of summer than the spring solstice.
It's the Spring Equinox, not the Solstice. The next Solstice isn't until June .

Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,990,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post

I remember a horrendous ice storm on Easter Sunday in 1977. Power was out for almost 2 weeks and only emergency personnel were required to be outside of their homes. Authorities asked that no one go out unless it was absolutely necessary. The entire city was out of power anyway so there was not much to be done in any business or shop so there was no point in being out. State and Federal employees were told to stay home for the first 3 or 4 days because everything was shut down.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,088,329 times
No. I like the cold here...usually lasts well into April. We get enough heat in the summer. This is gross.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,353,340 times
No exciting weather in the UK this spring, just lots of clouds to stare at in this typical anti-cyclonic crud cloud choked dirge. Give us proper spring showers and storms and save the high pressure for summer when it actually might let the sun shine for God's sake.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. I like the cold here...usually lasts well into April. We get enough heat in the summer. This is gross.
Assuming you live in Texas, what do you define as cold? If it's anything that lasts well into April in Texas, it can't be remotely close to what I'd say is cold weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather