U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of Sophieland?
A 7 20.00%
B 13 37.14%
C 9 25.71%
D 3 8.57%
E 2 5.71%
F 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM

2,702 posts, read 5,979,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
^^ When did you live in Paris?
2008 and most of 2009 My experience of Parisian summers is probably quite limited...and you might confirm this or not, but my impression is that they're quite bipolar, with cloudy, drizzly 21°C-ish days, and hot, calm, dry 30°C+ days. It's a really different type of warmth compared to Nice, where, at least on the coast, there's both a high humidity and constant breezes, making it much more comfortable IMO
Sorry, how did I end up so off topic? Yeah, about low summer humidity. Would you say that overall Paris is humid in summer? So as to answer Sophie's question - places with 15-25°C summers with low humidity...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 PM

1,503 posts, read 2,520,089 times
A. Some very strong points - lowish summer minimums, and low record highs. Humidity remains low despite summer and autumn rain peaks.
Would prefer slightly milder winters, and more rain in winter as opposed to summer, but overall could easily live here.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM

20,871 posts, read 21,828,254 times
C, summers are very nice but winters are too warm.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:24 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,932,148 times
There is no winter. D-

Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 AM

8,199 posts, read 8,147,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
2008 and most of 2009 My experience of Parisian summers is probably quite limited...and you might confirm this or not, but my impression is that they're quite bipolar, with cloudy, drizzly 21°C-ish days, and hot, calm, dry 30°C+ days. It's a really different type of warmth compared to Nice, where, at least on the coast, there's both a high humidity and constant breezes, making it much more comfortable IMO
Sorry, how did I end up so off topic? Yeah, about low summer humidity. Would you say that overall Paris is humid in summer? So as to answer Sophie's question - places with 15-25°C summers with low humidity...
Yes its summers are mostly dry, at least the warm days are. Sometimes there is the odd humid day but for someome from BA or Nice it's nothing. Humidity is not the problem, it's more, like you said, the changeable temps. Plus it doesn't have nearly as much precipitation as Sophieland.

This is about as humid as it can get (4 pm):
History : Weather Underground

For the typical most humid day in a year, you take off a couple degrees from both the temp and the dew point.

Don't know, but since the summer temps around the Mediterranean are rather stable, maybe there is such a place in the highlands such as Castellane (?) that fills these criterions. The daily range would be higher than ideal and it is probably too variable as well. Not to mention that it is not for someone who craves city life.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,437,598 times
Average for me. At least is doesn't get hot, but "cold enough" should at least have snow. And like someone else said, 60 for summertime low, a little warm.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 AM

5,929 posts, read 9,902,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Paris is too cloudy in summer for your tastes?

Paris records more sunshine hours from May to August, included, than Sophieland

I always found Paris to have a quite low humidity in summer as well (except when it's raining obviously...). Some >30°C days felt way too dry for me.
oh, i didnt know Paris had that many hours of sunshie in summer. My bad. So I guess Paris in winter is really really dark.
I wouldnt mind a summer in paris, of course, it looks awesome, plus, its Paris!

Hey, im really glad that my climate has obtained so many high ratings!! Between As, Bs and Cs, they have almost 90% of the votes!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,080 posts, read 49,842,302 times
Hmm. It's mostly fine, not really as warm as warm as I'd like in the warmer half of the year, I'd raise the highs by at least a few degrees. Still a minor difference and very pleasant year around though I'd miss heat a bit. B+/A-; I'll be generous and go with an A-.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather