Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:29 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Bethlehem seems closer to somewhere like Sacramento, CA than it does to Phoenix. The biggest difference being warmer summer lows for Bethlehem. Either way it's not a very snowy or wintry climate
I don't think Christmas is supposed to be necessarily snowy either. It's just a stereotype made by American Cartoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:29 AM

10,559 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
.. Unless one counts breakup as a distinct season, Alaskan climates don't have four seasons seeing as they don't transition to a full summer. Seasonal? Definitely. Four-season climate? Not really. The subarctic falls under a different class and system than someplace like Upper Michigan.
I would argue that Alaska has the most easily defined and extreme summer of all the 50 states.

At least, when compared to the rest of their year.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
I would argue that Alaska has the most easily defined and extreme summer of all the 50 states.

At least, when compared to the rest of their year.
Not the entire Alaska, of course, but I agree if you're talking about Fairbanks.
Then, the other ones are (eastern) Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa... New England. IMO.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:39 PM

135 posts, read 90,625 times
I live in SE Michigan and we get four seasons- although each season could be like five degrees cooler for my tastes. I got heat poisoning today and I'm off work sick. =(

Plus we often juuuuuust miss snow temperatures in winter, which is annoying- although I don't wanna shovel/plow that **** every day either.

I was trying to be nice to warm lovers, but I think you better just ship me off to Alert Canada already. =p

Old 06-17-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springsux View Post
I live in SE Michigan and we get four seasons- although each season could be like five degrees cooler for my tastes. I got heat poisoning today and I'm off work sick. =(

Plus we often juuuuuust miss snow temperatures in winter, which is annoying- although I don't wanna shovel/plow that **** every day either.

I was trying to be nice to warm lovers, but I think you better just ship me off to Alert Canada already. =p
Maybe Anchorage could be good for you, and it's not even a small town, sooo...

Old 06-17-2016, 02:01 PM

135 posts, read 90,625 times
Oh yeah, I think I am fond of those monthly temperature averages. It still warms up but in a mild way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchorage,_Alaska#Climate

I always end up feeling a lot better around mid-October-ish when the temps drop to 60s average, like so serene and calm and happy. Can't wait.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:08 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Washington, Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, these are the ones that come to mind

Old 06-17-2016, 03:33 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,056,427 times
Anywhere out of the deep south and Pacific Coast. If you want snow and people who know how to deal with it, look to states from NJ to Maine on inland.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:40 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
Anywhere out of the deep south and Pacific Coast. If you want snow and people who know how to deal with it, look to states from NJ to Maine on inland.
NYC doesn't know how to deal with snow even tho it gets a ton of it each year. The mayor left Queens for dead during this January's snowstorm, not a single street was plowes that day

Old 06-17-2016, 04:19 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,056,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
NYC doesn't know how to deal with snow even tho it gets a ton of it each year. The mayor left Queens for dead during this January's snowstorm, not a single street was plowes that day
Wow, smh

Didn't y'all have schools open when it snowed 10" though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather