Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times

Advertisements

It is a beautiful 79 degrees at 10:50 A.M. and I have all my windows raised, there is a nice breeze blowing and my house is getting aired out! This type of weather puts me in a cleaning mood, similiar to those first warm days of Spring when you just wanna throw open your doors and windows and let mother nature inside. I am doing that today. I have blackeye peas on the stove, and just made brownies! Adding potato salad and jello to the mix and smoked pork chops then freshly baked corn bread. How's that for a nice comfort dinner?

I am washing rugs, and air drying in the sunshine.

This type of weather really does bring out the cleaner in me, and the joy shines thru after a long hard day of cleaning when I see the appreciation of my hard labor in the eyes of my----oh wait, that part is a fairy tale.

Last edited by Jammie; 09-18-2007 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: clicked wrong button~Sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
It is a beautiful 79 degrees at 10:50 A.M. and I have all my windows raised, there is a nice breeze blowing and my house is getting aired out! This type of weather puts me in a cleaning mood, similiar to those first warm days of Spring when you just wanna throw open your doors and windows and let mother nature inside. I am doing that today. I have blackeye peas on the stove, and just made brownies! Adding potato salad and jello to the mix and smoked pork chops then freshly baked corn bread. How's that for a nice comfort dinner?

I am washing rugs, and air drying in the sunshine.

This type of weather really does bring out the cleaner in me, and the joy shines thru after a long hard day of cleaning when I see the appreciation of my hard labor in the eyes of my----oh wait, that part is a fairy tale.

I love your posts. Your happiness shows through.

It's great that you're finally having a nice day to open windows and clean. It's 66 here this morning and feels like 66. Looks like our next ten days will be beautiful.

Did you say, "Brownies"? Are you willing to share with all of us?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Why, Jammie, I would love to share some brownies with you, ya see, I didn't have any nuts to put in them, so my dh will not eat them, he likes nuts and refuses to eat brownies unless there are NUTS in them. sigh.

SO, mosey on over here and we'll sit down outside at the poolside table and eat brownies, drinking either milk or sweet tea, whiever you prefer. We can watch the birds at the feeders, see the squirrels playing in the trees and if we are really quiet, we will see the deer coming to the feeder.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:52 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
I have blackeye peas on the stove, and just made brownies! Adding potato salad and jello to the mix and smoked pork chops then freshly baked corn bread. How's that for a nice comfort dinner?
MMMMMM....aiangel...that does sound like a good comfort meal...I'm heading east and coming over too!! *visions of home made corn bread*

And I'll eat brownies whether they have nuts or not...LOL

Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM

LOL, you guys keep giving me the big head, I'll go all out and make my famous home made sour cream pound cake.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Alright!!! Party at Angel's house. And did you say "pool"???? DH is getting the cats together and I'm packing our bags and we're on our way.

Actually, I realize a pool is somewhat common in your direction. It's very rare up here. My town is about 17,000 and I only know of ONE outdoor pool and that's right outside of town. There are possibly 4 or 5 people who have indoor pools. You can only use an outdoor pool up here 3 or at the most 4 months out of the year so they're very uncommon. Needless to say, I don't have one.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Just come on down, heck, I'll even break out the good plastic so we can eat in style!

Guys, I cook like this all the time. My dh expects it. Recently though, around the age of 40, I stopped weekend cooking. He has to take me out on what I call 'Friday Night Date Night'. And I have informed him, that Huddle House and the Waffle House do NOT count as an establishment to take a date.

But, Sunday thru Thursday I do cook full course meals. sigh.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Default inspired to cook...

Quote:
Just come on down, heck, I'll even break out the good plastic so we can eat in style!

Guys, I cook like this all the time. My dh expects it. Recently though, around the age of 40, I stopped weekend cooking. He has to take me out on what I call 'Friday Night Date Night'. And I have informed him, that Huddle House and the Waffle House do NOT count as an establishment to take a date.

But, Sunday thru Thursday I do cook full course meals. sigh.
I love to read aiangel's posts too! Besides being picturesque, they make me feel more inspired to cook!...something which generally would not make my short list of "fun things to do!"

Ok, so as to not be completely off thread, let me see if I can throw in a little weather talk. We are still waiting for Fall down here in Dallas, but it's getting better. Some mornings we can feel a little bit of coolness in the air!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:32 PM

Glad I inspired you kaykay, now if you really want to be inspired, come on up here and I'll move over and let you cook for the dh for a week or so. I neeed a break. LOL....

We had some beatiful days here with some cool mornings, it is supposed to be in the low 90's for a few days, which usually happens this time of year, but I can't wait till I can raise the windows once again. I like that....

Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Quote:
Glad I inspired you kaykay, now if you really want to be inspired, come on up here and I'll move over and let you cook for the dh for a week or so. I neeed a break. LOL....

We had some beatiful days here with some cool mornings, it is supposed to be in the low 90's for a few days, which usually happens this time of year, but I can't wait till I can raise the windows once again. I like that....
Your dh would send me packing back to Texas in much less than a week! kaykay is no cook. Regarding cooking, I pretty much do what I have to do and call it a day! And my dh would say, "you mean my kaykay can cook more than one meal in a row????!!!"

I'm trying to "gear up" just to do some Shake n Bake Chicken tonight!

And to make it weather related, I will say that I tend to cook more in the Fall when the southern temps get a little cooler. I can keep the kitchen cool with the A/C in the summer, but somehow it just seems cozier to cook a pot of chili or something when the Fall temps begin to set in ... if that makes any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather