Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 10:48 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,712,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
What IS autumn????
It's when the sun disappears for weeks at a time, the ground oozes with the moisture of a thousand rains, green leaves turn colours and get pulled off the by gale-force winds, the summer annuals get pulversized and join with the leaves to make a colourful but not so pretty carpet of slime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,818,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Synopsis, I hear ya. We are in the upper 80's and humid in South Florida, still have the a/c on and stuck indoors still because its to hot still. couple of more weeks the weather people said, till we cool down some.
It's only supposed to be a high of 78 today with rain, rain, rain, which we can use (not as much as aiangel_writer though). Then, the rest of the week in the low to mid 80s, with the exception of Thursday where it's now forecast to be 92 degrees. Friday is supposed to cool back down to the mid 80s though. I want some real Fall and I'm afraid we'll go straight from Summer to Winter.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 AM

558 posts, read 2,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
It's only supposed to be a high of 78 today with rain, rain, rain, which we can use (not as much as aiangel_writer though). Then, the rest of the week in the low to mid 80s, with the exception of Thursday where it's now forecast to be 92 degrees. Friday is supposed to cool back down to the mid 80s though. I want some real Fall and I'm afraid we'll go straight from Summer to Winter.
Me, too...we'll go straight from summer (90's) to winter (80's)

Well, it does get cooler than that. Just ignore me...I'm pouting cuz I MISS AUTUMN--THE REAL THING!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
Me, too...we'll go straight from summer (90's) to winter (80's)

Well, it does get cooler than that. Just ignore me...I'm pouting cuz I MISS AUTUMN--THE REAL THING!!!
That's funny SaveMtns. Perhaps the one thing that would prevent me from moving to southern Fla is the absence of seasons. It's beautiful there and all, but I have to have some mixture in my life. I would go crazy without four seasons. Ours are pretty weak here in Texas, but we do have a real Winter, just not bone chilling cold like it is up North. I can do without that. I hate the extreme cold more than I do extreme heat. I can take a few days of it, but if it lasts more than that I get pretty ornery.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,712,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I wish that was real Fall weather!
I have no desire to see weather below 70-75 F in Fall but anything 65 F-plus is still great,
and anything under 95 F is not excessive; I can easily ignore it.

I'm definitely not a fan of coats or jackets, I view them not as 'fun-fashion,' more like 'band-aids' to fix undesireable weather,
yet in 'real Fall weather' they are near-mandatory.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,174,644 times
It's only 60 degrees here at 1 pm! This is the first whole day I'm wearing long sleeves and pants this season. But at the same time it's sunny and calm winds so it's not depressing by any means. 70's are forecasted all week with lows in the low 50's. Come late week lows could drop into the 40's. This is fall weather I can deal with!

Synopsis: I'm feeling for you right now man, being just north of you I know all to well the summer blues (yes, summer blues not winter). Wunderground.com has us at 79 Thursday but you guys at 91. That's pretty crazy but I've found very typical to see.

CC: Since I know you'll remark on how you'd like to have our warm weather Just think of this day for me as being like the first 70 degree day for you in April. Joyous day isn't it?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM

Ya, OkC is far enough North where the weather can be 20 degrees cooler there than it can be here. Typically, a lot of fronts die out after the Red River. OkC is also at a higher elevation than us (over a thousand feet compared to about 600 ft above sea level here), so humidity is less. It can get bone numbing cold in OkC on occasion. I was up there on December the 2nd of 2005 and it was windy and cold. The wind cut through me like a knife.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,174,644 times
You're right, downtown OKC is rougly at 1,200 ft. While downtown Dallas is about 400 along the Trinity river. Dallas ranges from about 400 ft to 800 ft across the Metroxplex and we range for 1,000 to 1,400. Generally speaking that is. I sit at a cool 1,214 or so.

One thing I'll note, it seems that the Arbuckle mountains divide the weather around here. Which is strange cause there real small, but that seems to be the case.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:24 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,219,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I'd consider that a small "consolation prize."
(The fact that geckos can't live in the cold.)

Maybe, but then you really don't know just how badly I hate having little lizards in the house!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,647,283 times
Yes, finally I have energy again! Amazing how a bit of food can make one feel much better. Oh...

And let's not forget a bit of rain to brighten a spirit! Yes my dear friends, rain is softly falling outside my windows, the temps have dropped to a more desired range and suddenly, it feels like Autumn might try once again to embrace our area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather