Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rate
A 5 10.20%
B 19 38.78%
C 8 16.33%
D 7 14.29%
E 7 14.29%
F 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:44 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,065,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Why do you always have to attack me and make feel stupid? That's not very nice. You could show some understanding that I don't have time to look at every single weather station and stats for both cities. You really hurt my feelings.
LOL! Surely you didn't think you could compare a Floridian climate unfavourably with a cool temperate one and get away with it? Not when tom77falcons / wavehunter007 is on patrol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
LOL! Surely you didn't think you could compare a Floridian climate unfavourably with a cool temperate one and get away with it? Not when tom77falcons / wavehunter007 is on patrol!
That's the whole point.. I wasn't. I just admitted that the amount of frost days and record low between the two places seemed shockingly similar which surprised me. I said that Pensacola was a much better climate for a heat lover like myself and yet tom77falcons was still arguing with me just because he has something against me... it's pretty stupid actually and really ticked me off.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
….lol good one.

Or from another angle…did we really think we would not hear from ChesterNZ or those in cool high latitude temperate oceanic climates (Do) who always are trying to convince themselves they live in a warm, sunny or desirable climate… by using 3 or 4 days of the year for comparison to a truly warm climate.

Either way it can be very entertaining.

PS I give Pensacola a B+. Nice pics as well.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
did we really think we would not hear from ChesterNZ or those in cool high latitude temperate oceanic climates (Do) who always are trying to convince themselves they live in a warm, sunny or desirable climate
Am I? That's news to me.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM

Oh, I should probably actually rate the climate while I'm here.

Decent overall, but too much seasonality for my tastes. Transfer 10 F from summer to winter and you'd have a solid A climate.

As it stands I give it a B. Seems more similar to New Orleans, Galveston, etc. than the rest of FL.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,729,991 times
Quote:
Oh, I should probably actually rate the climate while I'm here.

Decent overall, but too much seasonality for my tastes. Transfer 10 F from summer to winter and you'd have a solid A climate.

As it stands I give it a B. Seems more similar to New Orleans, Galveston, etc. than the rest of FL.
It certainly does look quite UN-Floridian this climate.
Could even pass for somewhere in the Carolina's.
For someone that likes seasons and some temperate weather, this climate is infinitely superior to the rest of Florida.
There are no highland areas in this state?
I would give it a B-/C+, too hot and humid in summer, yearly means slightly high but otherwise not bad.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,729,991 times
Quote:
….lol good one.

Or from another angle…did we really think we would not hear from ChesterNZ or those in cool high latitude temperate oceanic climates (Do) who always are trying to convince themselves they live in a warm, sunny or desirable climate… by using 3 or 4 days of the year for comparison to a truly warm climate.

Maybe you should read some of the Southern Hemisphere threads, ChesterNZ nearly always cuts and pastes the worst possible weather conditions for Christchurch,

Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek40 View Post
There are no highland areas in this state?
FL is very flat. Highest point is something like 100 m.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
….lol good one.

My climate is highly desirable for certain people on this forum, so that's fine with me. No heat here!

Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 AM

497 posts, read 982,978 times
B-

Summer is too opressive and I don't like that record low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Pensacola Airport is around 12 miles inland. The barrier islands, like Dauphin and Destin, average around 5 frost days per year. I visited Destin, FL in early March of 2011, a very cold winter in Dec and January that year. The area was lush green by early March and temps were around 70F. People were swimming in the sea. Water temps were in the low 60s. The landscaping at the resort was all kinds of palm and sub-tropical veg including canary island date palms. Here is a picture I took on March 11th, 2011:
With highs as high as this, I'd like some tropical vegetation thrown in too.

No doubt it's a nice place though, from the photos I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather