Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times

Advertisements

I'm a hater of both heat and cold, but I hate cold more (continental cold especially). Heat is tolerable only if it's dry heat though (I loathe humid heat as much as Siberian cold). I do, however, anticipate freezing record nights and high daily temps for record's sake though (I am a weather geek so I'd look forward for 'interesting' climate phenomena).

Like you, I also like mild and comfortable weather. Oh...Port Macquarie is FAR from comfortable, really. It's very rainy and humid. I'm guessing rain is comfortable for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 AM

610 posts, read 1,101,550 times
I enjoy going outside at 28-35c the most so I guess I'm a mild lover. Below 20 is just too cold and I've yet to experience above 40 so I can't say anything about very hot climates.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,095,203 times
I prefer temperatures below freezing, but not severely so. -1 to -12 or so are ideal. I absolutely hate temperatures that are slightly above zero, though. It's wet, it's still cold, and the snow turns into slush. If all temperatures between 0 and 17 could be skipped, that would be ideal for me. I also like very warm to hot summers. I'm very happy with the climate right where I am. Parts of Eastern Europe look like they have better winters, but the summers are too short.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,571 times
Mild weather most of the year with warm to hot weather preferred in summer. Winter days should be mild but the nights should be cool enough to have a crisp feel. Days should be warm enough so you can feel comfortable standing outside with only a hoodie but cool enough that you don't sweat when jogging or on a bike ride. Daytime highs in the 60s with nights in the 40s.

Summers should be warm enough to be comfortable in shorts and a tee shirt into the evening hours. Beaches should be warm enough to swim on most days from June through September. Daytime highs in the 80s, evenings in the 70s, getting into the 60s very at late night and early mornings

I can't stand San Francisco's summers even though it's a mild year round climate because the fog and wind make most of their summer days feel colder than L.A.'s winter days.

Last edited by ABrandNewWorld; 11-09-2014 at 01:38 PM..

Old 11-09-2014, 01:54 PM

91 posts, read 115,633 times
I like every season except fall. So basically what I'd like is a continental climate with short transitional seasons.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:39 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,353,919 times
I'm not a hot, cold, or mild weather lover. I like having variety.

Winters should be cool overall with occasional cold snaps that bring snow, and also a few mild spells.

Fall and spring should have mild to warm averages. Summer should be warm to hot.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:06 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,043,189 times
I like lots of variety, having consistent weather gets boring. For me:

Summers: Warm/mild with a few cool days thrown in, windy, the occasional thunderstorm, drier than winter and spring, one short heat spell (85+ degrees F) per year
Autumn: Driest, sunniest part of year, cool and crisp
Winter: Cold (obviously), wettest part of year, ~125 inches of snow, preferably sunny whenever it's not snowing. Coldwave in early January, mild spell in late February that melts most of the snow (snow still falls through March and about half of April)
Spring: Mild, stormy (rain), short season-transitions to summer quickly

Also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiegelDerpy View Post
I like every season except fall. So basically what I'd like is a continental climate with short transitional seasons.
Kansas City is probably pretty close to that.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:10 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,657,285 times
I have no idea what temps below 50 and above 100 feel like so I don't know if I'm a mild or extreme lover. For summers I want a mildish one though, with decent sunshine. San fransisco is about perfect, minus the fog.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
I like freezing winters, mild by mid spring, hot summer, and mild again by mid fall.

Preferences by month:

Jan: cold, snowy
Feb: cold, snowy
Mar: cool
Apr: mild
May: warm
June: warm-hot
July: hot
Aug: hot
Sept: warm
Oct: mild
Nov: cool
Dec: cold, snowy

Old 02-25-2015, 07:19 AM

680 posts, read 649,218 times
I generally prefer year-round mild climates like those found in northern California and parts of northern Spain as well. Places like New Zealand/Tasmania and parts of the UK as well. Somewhere in between the 40º-66ºF range for the year would be perfect. I don't mind seasonal climates, I just can't deal with nasty, humid summers and would prefer not to deal with brutal winters. I do love autumn though, that nice crisp break after a sometimes hot summer. Somewhere seasonal like Denver though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather