Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:04 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,980,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Really? Here in Philly we don't normally have lots of 90F plus days in June.
No, not lots of 90F days, but you do usually have some. So far in June you've had one 90F day and in May you had three 90F days. According to the NWS forecast there won't be any 90's for the next week, and 4 days are forecast to not even crack 80F. The Accuweather forecast shows sub-90F temperatures for Philly through July 10, although more a week out it's very unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
We've had only 4 days reach 70F so far this year. Last year and the year before wed had 14 by now with the odd day around 80F. I can't be bothered looking any further back than that, but yeah, this year has been absolutely dreadful so far.
Hmm...and you thought it was bad last year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
This summer I bet will be the coldest on record
You never know. There certainly hasn't been much of a reprieve for English WWFs over the past several years.

Meanwhile, Paducah, Kentucky tomorrow is forecast to reach 95F with 20 mph winds, followed by 84F the next day. Bowling Green, Kentucky has an even bigger contrast, with 96F tomorrow followed by 83F the day after, but with less wind. Windy weather with a 1-2 day heat wave followed by a frontal passage dropping temperatures 10F or more is atypical for this time of year that far south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 AM

3,574 posts, read 3,795,911 times
Synop report summary

-30,1C on the south-pole in june? must be in record territory...

Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,804,799 times
Heatwave. First week was a little bracing though. The winter jacket would be out for that.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
No, not lots of 90F days, but you do usually have some. So far in June you've had one 90F day and in May you had three 90F days. According to the NWS forecast there won't be any 90's for the next week, and 4 days are forecast to not even crack 80F. The Accuweather forecast shows sub-90F temperatures for Philly through July 10, although more a week out it's very unreliable.

Hmm...and you thought it was bad last year .

You never know. There certainly hasn't been much of a reprieve for English WWFs over the past several years.

Meanwhile, Paducah, Kentucky tomorrow is forecast to reach 95F with 20 mph winds, followed by 84F the next day. Bowling Green, Kentucky has an even bigger contrast, with 96F tomorrow followed by 83F the day after, but with less wind. Windy weather with a 1-2 day heat wave followed by a frontal passage dropping temperatures 10F or more is atypical for this time of year that far south.
I know how many we have had. I stated exactly how many days we have had in my post. And we are running about 2F above normal. The nights are actually a little warmer than normal recently.

I don't care if we have any 90F days. I don't like them. I prefer mid to upper 80's for warmth.

The best summers here are when the winds come out of the southeast and we get very warm ocean water with days in the mid 80's, high dewpoints, and thunderstorms. Almost always 90F and above means SW winds with lower dewpoints, hazy skies, and upwelling of the ocean water. I strongly dislike SW winds and 90F plus summer days.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM

83,404 posts, read 74,915,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Normally we'd already have lots of days going into the 90s already, .
We've been used to "well above" normal temps in recent years for May, June, ect and 90s seemed more likely or a better word would be easier to achieve. Now seems like we're struggling just to get into the 80s.

After mid June the normal max for many locations in Mid Atlantic is Mid 80s so any above normal day would end up being upper 80s to 90s.

Here's how many times these locations went above 80 last year to June 15th only.

Baltimore,MD: 26
Philly, PA: 19
Trenton,NJ: 16
Concord,NH: 12
Hartford,CT: 13
Albany,NY: 10
NYC,NY: 7
Bridgeport,CT: 5
Boston,MA: 5

Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,120,706 times
To be honest I actually laughed when I saw this typical bloody chart. I mean all you can do is laugh or bloody shoot yourself in the head. It speaks for itself.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,804,799 times
Haha you couldn't make it up could you?!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post
To be honest I actually laughed when I saw this typical bloody chart. I mean all you can do is laugh or bloody shoot yourself in the head. It speaks for itself.
Ridge in Atlantic, trough there. I think the more Negative NAO we have the more troughs/cool weather you have there. NAO has been negative A LOT since September. Euro showing 50s for the minimum. Not sure if thats cool or not for there.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan7 View Post
I fell out of my chair laughing at how ironic that map is lol! Poor England and Wales

Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
June 13-14 Storm Update.

No Doubt all models have this storm. Now is a question of how much precip, and details like thunderstorms, wind, ect.

These frames are for the Thursday 8pm timeframe. Notice the Euro is slower than the rest with the center of the storm still over central PA while the rest are near the coast. CMC is the south most model with the storm near Virginia/Maryland border.
2 things... CMC came north, now agrees with the other models .

Is this January or June? Storm intensity and track is more winter like than June.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather