Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,391,960 times

Advertisements

You got to be kidding, significant snow during last week of April? Weather Outlook: Drier Conditions Expected Sunday | FOX8.com (http://fox8.com/2012/04/22/clickable-weather/ - broken link)
I have said all along to my friends in OH about the mild winter they experienced, trust me you'll pay for the wonderful winter you experienced. Sure enough, here comes mother nature balancing things out. Do you think this will be the last snow of year in the midwest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I have said all along to my friends in OH about the mild winter they experienced, trust me you'll pay for the wonderful winter you experienced.
All across the U.S. winter fans have always had to pay back any scraps of good weather they got with 100% interest (no kidding; awful heat always reliably comes after just a few scraps of wintry weather, especially in the Southeast, and decently cool weather in summer is nonexistent). It appears that you will now experience what life is like on the other end of the scale of meteorological justice .

And according to the JMA's long-range forecast, warmth-lovers may have to pay even more back plus 100% interest in the year to come; cold anomalies develop across the continent as summer progresses, and it's showing near record levels of cold in North America in autumn, continuing through next winter. The JMA map shows cold anomalies everywhere in your country from September through February, with the biggest cold centered where the biggest heat was this winter.

Talking about nature balancing the books, Heat Miser has a whole lot more to pay back than just the last winter; there is years of unbalance to pay back, with reliable warmth and heat opposed to unreliable, fleeting cold and snow. And don't even get me started on the past 12000 years of relative warmth; when the bill comes due for that, watch out.

Of course I was sort of joking; don't take any of that seriously except the JMA forecast (that's real and is verifying thus far) and the unbalance of reliable heat vs. unreliable cold. I don't believe in the balancing notions myself; nature will ultimately do what it wants, normals be damned.

Quote:
Sure enough, here comes mother nature balancing things out. Do you think this will be the last snow of year in the midwest?
I'm pretty sure that for Ohio this is the last snow of the season. I also think that everywhere in your region except the mountains will see the last snow with this storm; in the mountains I wouldn't say that, since they usually have later snows and early and late season snows tend to come in bunches at high altitude, as a manifestation of a cooler period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather