Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I My farting in bed last night amounts to more noise than the thunder we've had here in the last 25 years.
OMG hilarious!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 02:02 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I'm hating this May, for the most part, because of the consistent colder than normal temperatures.

May is usually much more of an interesting, varied month for weather here. This one, after the homogeneously cold April, makes this spring one of the most boring I've ever experienced. So the hell what if March had a warmer spell. Warm spells in March are nothing, I'd rather get the northerlies out the way then. The March mildness is only ever as good as a weak anemic half-baked summers day and I'd much rather have the warm synoptics in late spring or summer.

Spring of 2008 was a good spring, a cool March, cold but showery April with a sudden warm spell at the end, then an impressive warm period in the first half of May. These last two months have been boring stupid dirge from a fat butt high pressure system blocking in the Atlantic sending the jetstream, low pressure and cold northerlies over here for 1.5 months now. That's a long time.

I don't care if we get northerlies in the winter half of the year which here to me is October - April. They can happen all they want. I switch off in winter anyway so I don't really care. But May - September should not be ruined by this dreadful horrendous ludicrous appalling weather pattern. Cold, and very cloudy. Can barely even add up the number of very cloudy and colder than average "summer" months endured in the past 5 years. Far, far too many.

The forecast has more days with frosts by night and cloud, cold and drizzle by day, staying below 50°F. Sick of this w@nk now, time for it to F off.

Oh yes also, this synoptic mess up magically thwarts any chance of thunderstorms or convection, so I won't expect to see any thunderstorms this year, like last year, which was dominated by this screwed up pattern all summer long. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. My farting in bed last night amounts to more noise than the thunder we've had here in the last 25 years.

Oooh my goodness, i hear you on this one! I don't really care if it gets cold in the winter... i like to see my snow-loving friends get to enjoy themselves for a bit. But i cannot stand having to deal with chilly weather in May! It's ridiculous.

We have been getting a decent May so far in PA this year. Last May i remember going to a Phils game bundling up in many layers, on a windy and cold night. Something is just not right about that.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:46 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
I love the last gasps of cold weather during the spring because I know it's almost over.

But all in all, May is generally a decent month. The warmth is benign and the humidity usually isn't a problem.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
I usually am where rain and cloud is concerned but this one, so far, is proving to be the total opposite
Come to Melbourne. You'll get your dose of rain and cloud, I guarantee it.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
But i cannot stand having to deal with chilly weather in May! It's ridiculous.

[...]

Last May i remember going to a Phils game bundling up in many layers, on a windy and cold night. Something is just not right about that.
Just out of curiosity, how cold was it that night?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
42 days till May.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,820,528 times
MAY IS MY FAVORITE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it because it's just starting to get hot and the trees are FINALLY leafing out. I love the first 80 degree day!!

May is a very fun month.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

3,990 posts, read 3,396,425 times
May is my favourite month too. Here, it brings wetter weather than April and much more thunder (this May we had more than 15 thunderstorms). That along with the trees and grass getting even greener and temperatures being comfortable it's exactly what I want a summer month to be, even though it's technically not summer.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:53 PM

504 posts, read 851,823 times
Nope. Getting too hot by the time May rolls around. Nov - March are nice, and April's usually pretty good though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather