Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite season?
Autumn 19 44.19%
Winter 7 16.28%
Spring 5 11.63%
Summer 9 20.93%
like them all! 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,374,162 times

Advertisements

I also love autumn best although every season has its wonders.
I like spring when all the snow is melting and the first cold breezes get a little warmer. When the trees get green and all the family meets at my grandparents to look for easter eggs - well, the kids do.
I also like summer a lot. When it's hot in the evenings and you can walk around in so tiny clothes or you can go swimming and have nice bbq evenings with friends.
And winter when all is cold and quiet, when the sky is blue and the snow is glistening in the trees. It's so beautiful and peaceful. With Christmas just around the corner and the wonder of decoration and anticipation, the quiet evenings on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate...

But autumn is the best of all. The rush of summer slows down, the nights get colder and the days are hopefully sunny. The colours of the forests are so beautiful and we go looking for mushrooms and long walks. It smells of burnt wood when all the gardeners cut back there trees and burn the twigs. It is yet cold enough to wear thick stockings and mini skirts and boots but not cold enough to freeze you a.. off when doing so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,238,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
I also love autumn best although every season has its wonders.
I like spring when all the snow is melting and the first cold breezes get a little warmer. When the trees get green and all the family meets at my grandparents to look for easter eggs - well, the kids do.
I also like summer a lot. When it's hot in the evenings and you can walk around in so tiny clothes or you can go swimming and have nice bbq evenings with friends.
And winter when all is cold and quiet, when the sky is blue and the snow is glistening in the trees. It's so beautiful and peaceful. With Christmas just around the corner and the wonder of decoration and anticipation, the quiet evenings on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate...

But autumn is the best of all. The rush of summer slows down, the nights get colder and the days are hopefully sunny. The colours of the forests are so beautiful and we go looking for mushrooms and long walks. It smells of burnt wood when all the gardeners cut back there trees and burn the twigs. It is yet cold enough to wear thick stockings and mini skirts and boots but not cold enough to freeze you a.. off when doing so...
Very picturesque, Miguel'smom! Love posts about the seasons like that!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
i say probably fall i love the cool sunny days with a light breeze orange leaves halloween and pumpkins being a skater in pittsburgh pennsylvania its sort of the last chance for the year to get some skating in

Old 07-29-2009, 07:53 AM

26,400 posts, read 46,389,722 times
It has to be winter, our sunniest season in New England. Snow is to be expected and everyone realizes that. One can be active during the winter months or remain passive. For those that remain passive, they should possibly consider a move south to a warmer climate.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:40 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,748,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
It has to be winter, our sunniest season in New England.
Winter is your sunniest season?
*This surprises me because New England is sort of nearby.

In southern Ontario, winter we average about 2 hours of sunlight per day in December.
In summer, we average 8-9 hours.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 07-29-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 PM

51,696 posts, read 15,662,386 times
Spring because the flowers begin to bloom.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
Winter, because it's as far away from Summer as possible.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 PM

324 posts, read 572,251 times
Both, spring and fall are usually very pleasant here.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM

10,781 posts, read 8,711,815 times
In Perth here, autumn. Not because of the "fall colours", as we unfortunately aren't blessed with that here. But because the weather's still warm and nice and the winter rains and winds haven't arrived yet. Our autumn starts March 1st here and we can still get into the high 30's (high 90's F) but mostly it's very pleasantly warm.

Spring is still iffy here. Can be wet, cool and very changeable.

Summer's good but can be too hot sometimes.

Winter - can be nasty with high winds that do a lot of damage and torrential downpours that also do a lot of damage. Or it can be like today - brilliant.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,817,719 times
I love autumn it is nice temps and love the fall foliage. but for you guys in Florida or the Gulf coast you would probably not like autumn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather