Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 02:32 AM

3,341 posts, read 5,534,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
One of the grossest days in a while. Dewpoint hovered around 70 F most of the day. There was a heavy downpour that lasted about ten minutes, but then the sun came back out with more humidity. The windows were open in my house all day and when I got home I had to shut them and turn on the A/C. It's still 72 F at 2:50AM.
That sounds nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 06:34 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,351,875 times
The weather outlook for my birthday is sooooo cold.

Low of 3°C and high of 12°C, August 31st. That is just mad.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
The standard autumn warm spell will start shortly.. for the first 10 days of September.

At least a week long spell of warm sunshine with temperatures in the mid 20's looks possible.

Not that convincing for sunny warm weather as the high seems to sit too far west for the most part, bringing in a lot of humidity and anticyclone gloom from the Atlantic and only builds over the country for one or two days before blasting into oblivion far to the east as low pressure moves in by the 7th/8th of september.. so i'd say only 2 days reaching to about 20 in the northern parts may be a few more in the se.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM

20,652 posts, read 23,791,464 times
I'm happy enough to take this hot spell as long as it dosn't mean that the azores will pump up dreaded mild air thru to october as I don't want that.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:22 AM

20,652 posts, read 23,791,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
The weather outlook for my birthday is sooooo cold.

GFS temps are never half right unless you live in a frost hollow. Expect 5/6c.

Its accurate for me as I live in a valley but not on a mountain.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,964,334 times
Quote:
That is mad. I wish you could send that over to my side of the world. It would make a great first burst of cool air for autumn, and right on the dot for meteorological autumn to boot.

A lot of the tree leaves are turning fall colors not only in my area but across wide swaths of the continent. There was one tree near a road that was green when I headed out for lunch, turned completely orange when I headed back from lunch, and then the next morning there was no leaves at all . I don't know what all of that means, since I've never seen anything remotely approaching it before, but in any case trees are going into dormancy extremely early, and no, they're not drought-stressed. The leaves aren't drought-stressed and neither has anything else recently.

The point here is that some chilly air to go with it, even if it's a little earlier than usual, would be great. I've also had the bizarre feeling that it's "about time for autumn to arrive" since the middle of August . While that's more similar to autumn in Denali than any seasonal pattern most people here have experienced, I would prefer it at this time.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
That is mad. I wish you could send that over to my side of the world. It would make a great first burst of cool air for autumn, and right on the dot for meteorological autumn to boot.

A lot of the tree leaves are turning fall colors not only in my area but across wide swaths of the continent. There was one tree near a road that was green when I headed out for lunch, turned completely orange when I headed back from lunch, and then the next morning there was no leaves at all . I don't know what all of that means, since I've never seen anything remotely approaching it before, but in any case trees are going into dormancy extremely early, and no, they're not drought-stressed. The leaves aren't drought-stressed and neither has anything else recently.

The point here is that some chilly air to go with it, even if it's a little earlier than usual, would be great. I've also had the bizarre feeling that it's "about time for autumn to arrive" since the middle of August . While that's more similar to autumn in Denali than any seasonal pattern most people here have experienced, I would prefer it at this time.
The weather on my birthday is always notoriously sh*t. In fact last year was only about 13°C, and it's usually overcast, windy or drizzling/raining. Even when I lived in the SE it managed to be sh*t. I remember the one year I went to a theme park for my birthday, remembering when my sister went on her birthday, and how nice sunny and warm it had been. When I went, I got soaked through to the skin queuing up for the rides by torrential rain, naturally. Of course, as soon as we then enter September it magically heats up again. That will happen this year, as of 2nd September temperatures are forecast to get somewhat above average.

No tree fall colours here yet, that I have seen. Maybe I should look a bit harder.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM

5,580 posts, read 7,964,334 times
Quote:
No tree fall colours here yet, that I have seen. Maybe I should look a bit harder.
Well, the colors I now described are obvious even if you glance at the landscape, but looking harder is something I strongly encourage. It's very satisfying to see the first hidden bursts of fall color. Well, it is for me anyway - if I detested autumn it might not be satisfying. I know I would take no pleasure in seeing Spring blooming on February 25 or so (which is the equivalent on the other side of the coin).

Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,152,608 times
The low only dropped down to 71 F last night. It's a muggy 76 F at 10:00AM. The more than two week stretch of not using A/C was broken.

Good news is that we'll get a gasp of fresh air this week:

Tonight: Mostly clear. Low 51.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny. High 75.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear. Low 45.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 PM

559 posts, read 745,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
The low only dropped down to 71 F last night. It's a muggy 76 F at 10:00AM. The more than two week stretch of not using A/C was broken.

Good news is that we'll get a gasp of fresh air this week:

Tonight: Mostly clear. Low 51.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny. High 75.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear. Low 45.
And then the gasp of unfresh air arrives yet again. And I thought we were done with 90 degrees!

Friday: Clear. High of 90F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather