Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Meanwhile I'm finding it cold sitting in my room which is 19°C currently. Usually it would be 21-22°C inside. Might put the heating on to get it the correct side of 20. Shouldn't take long. Heck I wouldn't be able to cope with 14°C outside with just a T-shirt. Not even 20. More like 28. Only 11°C here, had a hail shower already but nothing since, all gone to the east probably.
61°F (16°C) in the living room. We probably should have shut our windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
61°F (16°C) in the living room. We probably should have shut our windows.
Mine's open. Nice that it's cool enough to not even require a fan, let alone A/C. Ever since the heat ended, my quality of sleep has increased significantly, though I do use the fan when I go to bed.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Mine's open. Nice that it's cool enough to not even require a fan, let alone A/C. Ever since the heat ended, my quality of sleep has increased significantly, though I do use the fan when I go to bed.
It is refreshing although I have had my a/c on since April so I had the sleeping temps nice and cold. . The best is going outside with the dog 1st thing and taking that morning breath of fresh air.

Hartford,l CT max high today was 60. Thats 17 degrees below the normal max.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

I closed a couple windows. Not too bad but getting a bit much.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
It is refreshing although I have had my a/c on since April so I had the sleeping temps nice and cold. . The best is going outside with the dog 1st thing and taking that morning breath of fresh air.
I find it a bit uncomfortable inside. Would like it to warm up a bit. This spring has been incapable of staying at something in between like 70°F.

51°F out at 9 pm.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:15 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,653,022 times
Down to 5.4C/42F last night, very cold for the time of year where I live!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Northeast 6am Temps.

That 49 you see down by NYC is White Plains.(HPN)

Todays High temperature departures. Clearly see where the troughs are.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,998,619 times
Quote:
Exactly the way I am. What many people fail to realize is that people such as you and me prefer that cool, fresh air year-round, which requires summer averages that are far out of the norm for the United States ex-Alaska, and even most cities in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I find it a bit uncomfortable inside. Would like it to warm up a bit. This spring has been incapable of staying at something in between like 70°F.

51°F out at 9 pm.
What is your current indoor temperature? I'd be interested to see what you find a bit uncomfortable . I'm sure it's sub-70F, and in this case welcome to the other side of the fence, with you being uncomfortable and us coldies soaking it up . Most of the summer it is the opposite.

Quote:
Todays High temperature departures. Clearly see where the troughs are.
It looks like the East Coast trough is weakening, though I'm sure the -NAO will still exert its influence. What's striking is the huge negative departures on the West Coast. I was looking up some weather for the West Coast and Alaska yesterday and then/today a large swath of that region will feature 50's and rain, just like New England and Western Europe . Meanwhile, there are some warm departures in the Plains, and there's a mini-heat wave in interior Alaska and the Yukon (upper 70's).

When I was compiling weather conditions for some bigger cities on the West Coast and in the boreal regions, it resembled some of the summer forecasts from my fictional continent (the one with my dream climate), and that was rather surprising.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,415,160 times
Nothing above 13°C in the entire forecast for here. Our summer climate does seem to have changed for the worse in recent years. Never has there been such a long stretch of sub par summers since the 1960's. Even in the 80's there were only four crap summers in a row. A new seasonal northern blocking/southern diving jetstream pattern is developing in recent summers. I know things can still change this summer as it's early days yet however we all said that last summer and it ended up coldest since 1993, as each week goes by that's one less week of summer to go, which could be better, but wasn't, we're already staring at two written off weeks of this summer so far, that's one sixth of summer, down the garbage chute already. This is worrying me.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
What is your current indoor temperature? I'd be interested to see what you find a bit uncomfortable . I'm sure it's sub-70F, and in this case welcome to the other side of the fence, with you being uncomfortable and us coldies soaking it up . Most of the summer it is the opposite.
61°F, mentioned a previous post. It's definitely colder than typical room temperature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather