Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
I have the forecast.

Picking onions in the garden. Skin was extra thick, tough. Nasty winter.
Geese are forming up early this year. Nasty winter.

Plus, this summer was as close to the end of a 7 year drought as we could get. We got more moisture this summer then we have in years.

The final indication? My leg has been bothering me.

Some would say wives tails. But just take note and then we'll discuss it in the spring. haha
Yes, I think the northwest and northern Rockies could have a colder than average and snowy winter coming up. Areas further to the east may be milder due to the La Nina in the Pacific Ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 03:31 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Guzzler, I believe you. The Farmers Almanac had said the Dakotas and Montana were in for a rough winter. Wyo. will probably not be far behind.

BUT I'm going to predict another warm, nice, light snowfall winter. It will be interesting to discuss it in the spring. We may have to resurrect this thread for that very purpose.

Plains, you made me feel just a bit better. I do live east of the Rockies.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Being nestled up against the Rockies, on the East side, AL and LA the Nino brothers doesn't change us that much. Usually this area, on into the prairie states to about Eastern South Dakota or Minn, are more effected by the Canadian cold fronts that move down in the center of the nation. Every watch the weather and the pattern comes in about Washington/Vancouver area and moves East. But at some point, the pattern goes south and loops back up when it gets to the Eastern end of South Dakota and then continues east. The big loop in the middle is what's not effected so much by Al and La.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Phoenix, Arizona - I'm not sure if some of you would call 53-degrees "a cold snap", but that was the low in my backyard this morning! The official low in Phoenix was 57. It's the first time we've seen 50's for the low, and mid 80's for the high, since April.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,187 times
Stupid weather is reacting, my low in Oklahoma so far is 52 and not that it's an ice box here. But, barely cooler than Phoenix so far...

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Guzzler, that's interesting and you're actually right now that I think about it. We do get those cold Canadian breezes during the winter.

I just discovered something new the other day about winter that even depresses me more. Cold Canadian and I did a weather comparison and MY winters are colder then his. Who'd have thought that?

Nameless, I like the OK weather and I've followed it for three years now. You only have about three months of weather that wouldn't be my favorite and that's Dec., Jan., and Feb.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I just discovered something new the other day about winter that even depresses me more. Cold Canadian and I did a weather comparison and MY winters are colder then his. Who'd have thought that?
Your spring, summer and fall have warmer average highs though.

I've heard on American tv weather reports they describe "Canadian Air" coming down, but our country is a big place.

While you might hear of our weather being described about the same in most of the country, "typical Canadian winter weather" can be anywhere from 30 F, to -20 F, even for daytime highs. Just like if we were to talk about "typical Amercian summer weather" could be anywhere from 70 F to 110 F.

In our city of Windsor, to the south is more Canadian farmland, after that the Canadian side of Lake Erie.
To the north of Windsor is downtown Detriot, Michigan.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 10-07-2007 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Guzzler, that's interesting and you're actually right now that I think about it. We do get those cold Canadian breezes during the winter.

Nameless, I like the OK weather and I've followed it for three years now. You only have about three months of weather that wouldn't be my favorite and that's Dec., Jan., and Feb.
I think you are forgetting that the summer weather is TERRIBLE in Oklahoma unless you consider 95-100F temperatures and high humidity good weather. Western Oklahoma can be quite arid but eastern Oklahoma is horribly humid in the summer Summer can last from May all the way until October. That is too long for me. However, it sounds like you really like the heat and humidity, eh?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
It was soooo cold here in Las Vegas that Ihad to roll up my window on the way to work......I Don't like winter

Old 10-07-2007, 02:05 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,187 times
Jammie: I'm afraid if your nice weather consists of temps above 70 in the day and lows above 60 at night then you're only looking at about 5 months of that weather here. So toss November and March into your, not so nice months. Heck, this April averaged cooler than March did, so you never know! It even snowed in the middle of April, if that makes you cringe enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather