Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 03:33 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,439,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Summer is overrated when you dislike heat. That's all.

/thread
Very eloquently stated

Similarly, winters are overrated if you dislike the cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 03:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,187,786 times
Its not the same as it was as a child but there are still things to like about summer over other seasons. Beach trips, pool parties, volleyball, cookouts, etc are among them.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:19 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,777,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Summer weather is too hot to do anything other than sit around.
My question would be for you, then: was that how you spent your summer vacations as a child? Sitting around? I'm guessing not, and guessing that that's a big part of why you're not enjoying it now.

If you don't enjoy a season, a big part of it is the I'll-mope-at-home attitude. I don't like winters here, but I dress warm, take an umbrella, and get outside! If I used winter as a reason to entomb myself indoors and stop living, I'd just be making it worse.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,460,714 times
Good point CairoCanadian. People should not let the weather stop them from going outside most of the time.. that would be very sad, especially if you live in a great city like Vancouver!!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,350,493 times
I go out in all weather but hate the stupid cold in winter, just aggravates my anger towards it even more.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,170,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Good point CairoCanadian. People should not let the weather stop them from going outside most of the time.. that would be very sad, especially if you live in a great city like Vancouver!!
I try to suck it up and get outdoors... i went running today but only made it for a mile and a half outside. I had to finish my workout in the air conditioned gym.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,704,487 times
Seriously, it has to be well into the 90's F (35+ C) at any given hour before I might limit my activity.

From what I recall, almost no days in Perth I saw were *too hot for ____, all day long* imho.

On the other hand, temperatures below 60 F (16 C) are lousy.
Nothing's worse than wanting to get out and moving and it's below 55 F.
Honestly, I often don't want to do anything at 52 F(11 C) except sit under a blanket and drink piping hot chocolate.
I don't even care if it's 54 F(12 C) at 10am, but it will be warming above 60 F (16 C) later... Stuff that!
It also makes me mad to see temps fall below 55 F/13 C before it's dark outside.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,963,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
Very eloquently stated

Similarly, winters are overrated if you dislike the cold.
I agree with these statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I don't even care if it's 54 F(12 C) at 10am, but it will be warming above 60 F (16 C) later... Stuff that!
It also makes me mad to see temps fall below 55 F/13 C before it's dark outside.
I have the same attitude towards 90/70F or 80/60F days. I am not a nocturnal creature nor do I wish to become one.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 PM

6,909 posts, read 7,632,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Seriously, it has to be well into the 90's F (35+ C) at any given hour before I might limit my activity.

From what I recall, almost no days in Perth I saw were *too hot for ____, all day long* imho.

On the other hand, temperatures below 60 F (16 C) are lousy.
Nothing's worse than wanting to get out and moving and it's below 55 F.
Honestly, I often don't want to do anything at 52 F(11 C) except sit under a blanket and drink piping hot chocolate.
Is your june Pretty warm for a a December north american standards? tan fading yet?

Old 06-10-2012, 07:46 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,955,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Not having summer vacation anymore sure does take the fun out of summer! I remember when i was a kid, i used to live for summer vacation. I would get sooo excited. My co-workers and i were talking about that the other day because all the schools in our area were having their last day of school. Summer is pretty lame as an adult... no good sports on, just baseball which in my opinion is so boring. I'm a football guy. Summer weather is too hot to do anything other than sit around. I still think summer is better than winter, but it's not as good as the shoulder seasons in my opinion. Sorry if i'm being a buzzkill... i think i'm just yearning for those 3 blissful, care-free months of summer vacation that we had back in the good old days.
Pshaw.

The sun is up early. The kids are not in school, so you don't have the equivalent of a Chinese fire drill every morning. And there's no homework to contend with when you get home. What's more, the sun sets later, which means long evenings out on the patio with friends and loved ones.

Lakes, beaches, and swimming pools.

Vacations.

Shorts. Women in shorts. Women in sundresses.

Suntans.

Ice cream.

Fireflies (I feel sorry for people who don't get those).

Baseball.

Nope. Summer rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather