Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich is better in your experience?
Low humidity 66 72.53%
High humidity 25 27.47%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:37 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Wow only 1/5 of people prefer moist air.
I prefer high humidity during the middle of the day (dry heat has a very harsh and unrelenting sun) but low humidity for evenings to cool off nicely. I know it's a tall order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 03:26 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,990,577 times
I prefer low humidity. Humid cold or humid heat are far worse. I experienced both. I love the dry cold air in the winter and at summer when it is above 25 C I prefer low humidity too. Humid cold is harse and I experience it most of the winter time. Humid heat is like a sauna and of course I hate it. But I hate hot dry days too. :P Also, in winter here in Ioannina when you go out especially at night or early morning your hair become wet just because the humidity is above 90%. Glasses of the windows are also wet every morning and sometimes the walls have mold. :/

Old 05-20-2015, 10:36 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkis View Post
I prefer low humidity. Humid cold or humid heat are far worse. I experienced both. I love the dry cold air in the winter and at summer when it is above 25 C I prefer low humidity too. Humid cold is harse and I experience it most of the winter time. Humid heat is like a sauna and of course I hate it. But I hate hot dry days too. :P Also, in winter here in Ioannina when you go out especially at night or early morning your hair become wet just because the humidity is above 90%. Glasses of the windows are also wet every morning and sometimes the walls have mold. :/
Nearly every winter morning here has relative humidity at around 100%, yet I don't get wet hair from it. Or are you talking about rain?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Nearly every winter morning here has relative humidity at around 100%, yet I don't get wet hair from it. Or are you talking about rain?
Not about rain. I don 't know why you didn 't experience it.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Not about rain. I don 't know why you didn 't experience it.
Is it fog perhaps?

I don't experience it here, because most of the moisture from the daytime is on the ground, not in the air.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Is it fog perhaps?

I don't experience it here, because most of the moisture from the daytime is on the ground, not in the air.
Yes it is fog generally. The moiture here is on the ground and the air both :P

Old 05-20-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Yes it is fog generally. The moiture here is on the ground and the air both :P
What is the average winter diurnal range?

Fog is rare around here, although it's reasonably common in the inland valleys.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
What is the average winter diurnal range?

Fog is rare around here, although it's reasonably common in the inland valleys.
Ioannina is a lakeside city so it is common. The diurnal range is about 10 C daily.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Ioannina is a lakeside city so it is common. The diurnal range is about 10 C daily.
I'm right by the coast, so fog is rare.

Ioannina must get quite a bit of drizzle? It has a lot of rain days in winter for the amount of rainfall, and maybe that's why it feels damp and humid.

My climate averages the same humidity in winter and with higher temperatures, but I associate cold with clear skies and lower dewpoints.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I'm right by the coast, so fog is rare.

Ioannina must get quite a bit of drizzle? It has a lot of rain days in winter for the amount of rainfall, and maybe that's why it feels damp and humid.

My climate averages the same humidity in winter and with higher temperatures, but I associate cold with clear skies and lower dewpoints.
Yes lots of rain. Especially in winter clear days are uncommon. And the rainfalls are heavy. It is common to have some days in a month that have more than 20 mm of precipitation. Generally it is cold and gloomy. We have fog from late night through 12 at noon. If it is clear the temperature falls below zero around -4 C to -6 C and at noon it rises from 10-11 at the morning through 4-5 at the afternoon at around 9 to 12 C and then the inversion begins and when the sun sets it falls down to 0 C and below. When it is rainy or cloudy the temperature is at about 4 C to 8 C and sometimes rarely it snows. Of courrse we can have some days with sunny and really mild weather with temperatures of 13 and 16 C at the noon and 2 - 5 C at night. Here when we have dry cold we also have strong north winds so it feels really cold again so I can 't understand how it feels when it is dry and calm. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather