U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 AM

8,669 posts, read 20,982,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Alright~my guess was CLOSE.

The moon is absolutely beautiful here tonight! Much nicer and more visible that it was last night.
I took a little walk in my neighborhood last night about 8:00 (Central time) and the moon was still relatively low on the horizon, very bright and yellow!
Just beautiful! (I could see it later out our eastern window in the kitchen and it was still bright but had lost its yellowish color.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,153,228 times
Oh late last night, when I walked my dog, the moon was so very bright, and so clear you could almost reach out and touch it. It was not yellow though, more like a silver? But you could see the darker areas that I guess would be the valleys or something like that. Anyway, it was beautiful.....

Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 AM

8,669 posts, read 20,982,382 times
Smile Moon viewing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh late last night, when I walked my dog, the moon was so very bright, and so clear you could almost reach out and touch it. It was not yellow though, more like a silver? But you could see the darker areas that I guess would be the valleys or something like that. Anyway, it was beautiful.....
From what I can determine, you have to get out there and view it by about 7:30 or 8:00ish (Central) to see the really beautiful, huge yellow full moon.
Didn't seem very "Fallish" however when I was out --muggy in Dallas yesterday. I think we have tonight and tomorrow night still for the harvest moon!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,153,228 times
ok, I will check it out tonight. Maybe we can see it one more night. I know the type you are talking about, it is huge and has an orangy/yellow/gold glow to it. Beautiful.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:31 PM

7,356 posts, read 17,936,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Is this considered weather??? I don't know but it goes along with my love of the autumn season. I used to think that the harvest moon was in October, but found out it is whichever moon is closest to the autumnal equinox...which is usually September's. Does anyone else love a full moon like I do? My husband thinks I'm nuts but I get a kick out of them!

Anyway, shine on, harvest moon or something like that....
I love full moons.
This year, the moon in September is the harvest moon and the one in October is the hunter or blood moon.
November is the mourning moon and December is the long nights moon.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 PM

25,465 posts, read 12,663,161 times
Ahhhh, if only we could see the moon this evening here in Mid Missouri. We now have a light rain falling with some thunder and lightening with a breeze blowing the sweet smell through he open door and windows. We needed this here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather