Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times

Advertisements

I like hot, but it is too hot. It reached 102 today. It's been even higher recently too. How hot is it where your at~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,558,893 times
It's 68F/20C right now.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Well, I really feel for ya. 102 is just too darn hot. If it's humid too it would be terrible. It was 30C here today or 86 American and as humid as it gets. I was very uncomfortable outside.

By the way, why do Americans and even well educated ones say, "Where your at"?
Correct English is, where you are.
Your is the possive of you as in your hat.
The contraction of "you are" is you're.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, I really feel for ya. 102 is just too darn hot. If it's humid too it would be terrible. It was 30C here today or 86 American and as humid as it gets. I was very uncomfortable outside.

By the way, why do Americans and even well educated ones say, "Where your at"?
Correct English is, where you are.
Your is the possive of you as in your hat.
The contraction of "you are" is you're.

It is humid here and literally it feels like a sauna after being outside for 5 minutes. I like hot, but not what we're having now. It was 104 a few days ago. The new recently reported it's been up to 107F. I don't have a pool otherwise I wouldn't be complaining

On your little quote there about us American's not speaking correctly, it is the younger generation who don't speak correctly.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:51 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
It is humid here and literally it feels like a sauna after being outside for 5 minutes. I like hot, but not what we're having now. It was 104 a few days ago. The new recently reported it's been up to 107F. I don't have a pool otherwise I wouldn't be complaining

On your little quote there about us American's not speaking correctly, it is the younger generation who don't speak correctly.
American's, posessive form as in, the American's culture, when speaking about one American or, the Americans' culture when speaking about plural Americans.

Americans is correct in your sentence.

PLEASE EXCUSE ME, I'M FEELING A LITTLE GOOFY TONIGHT.
It must be the heat. LOL

Old 07-04-2012, 10:03 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
Boy how I wish I lived in Oregon! If it were 68 degrees here, I'd be out and about every single day. Unfortunately, we have already had several 100+ degree days this year. We do have a cool down coming starting next week though. The high this coming Monday is only suppose to be 89.

As for the grammar lesson, I will not get into that because sometimes I make grammar mistakes in my sentences. Please don't correct any mistakes I have made on this post. :P However, I can't stand when people say "your" when they should have said "you're." As long as you can use words and periods correctly, I could care less about any other mistakes you make.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
It was quite hot today here. 87F was the high temperature.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Boy how I wish I lived in Oregon! If it were 68 degrees here, I'd be out and about every single day. Unfortunately, we have already had several 100+ degree days this year. We do have a cool down coming starting next week though. The high this coming Monday is only suppose to be 89.

As for the grammar lesson, I will not get into that because sometimes I make grammar mistakes in my sentences. Please don't correct any mistakes I have made on this post. :P However, I can't stand when people say "your" when they should have said "you're." As long as you can use words and periods correctly, I could care less about any other mistakes you make.
I could only dream of 68 F. Can't wait until more agreeable weather returns so I can enjoy the outdoors again. Might have to wait until September, though we usually get a few nice days in July and August after a cool front sweeps through.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I could only dream of 68 F. Can't wait until more agreeable weather returns so I can enjoy the outdoors again. Might have to wait until September, though we usually get a few nice days in July and August after a cool front sweeps through.
Yeah, here where I'm at, the average high in September is still 84, which is a bit too warm to take up the nature trails in my opinion. October average is 70, which is absolutely perfect weather! April (at an average of 66) and October are by far my favorite months weather wise.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Yeah, here where I'm at, the average high in September is still 84, which is a bit too warm to take up the nature trails in my opinion. October average is 70, which is absolutely perfect weather! April (at an average of 66) and October are by far my favorite months weather wise.
Here it's 73 F in September, though hot weather is possible at any point of the month. Fortunately I was able to hit up the trails most of June this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather