U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2017, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,830,491 times
Reputation: 4606

Advertisements

Lima feels sunnier than Dublin at least. I've been to Dublin and while it is a safe and beautiful city, you can count on your two hands the amount of sunny days you get in a month. Lima is also bad but at least during the summer it is relatively sunny and warm. Thing with Lima is that there is a marine layer that always lasts until noon or even later, and then it usually dissipates a little and you get sunshine
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2017, 05:26 PM
 
Location: York
6,504 posts, read 5,148,470 times
Reputation: 2504
Those York figures are wrong. Not sure where that source is from, but it's actually about 1575 hours.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,830,491 times
Reputation: 4606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Those York figures are wrong. Not sure where that source is from, but it's actually about 1575 hours.
That would make it UK's sunniest city, only behind Bradford's annual 4,245 sunshine hours
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 05:36 PM
 
3,218 posts, read 2,636,741 times
Reputation: 1060
Torshavn
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 PM
 
Location: York
6,504 posts, read 5,148,470 times
Reputation: 2504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
That would make it UK's sunniest city, only behind Bradford's annual 4,245 sunshine hours
Bradford gets more sun on a night than we get in a year. There's this story that the old locals tell in Bradford, about how once, back in the old days, there was this one day where there was a cloud. People were panicking, going pale, turning Irish, but then it just vanished. Some say it was the Russians that did it, the local council deny it ever happened. I'm not sure what I believe, but growing up it's one of my favourite stories.
Just wish I could've been there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,830,491 times
Reputation: 4606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Bradford gets more sun on a night than we get in a year. There's this story that the old locals tell in Bradford, about how once, back in the old days, there was this one day where there was a cloud. People were panicking, going pale, turning Irish, but then it just vanished. Some say it was the Russians that did it, the local council deny it ever happened. I'm not sure what I believe, but growing up it's one of my favourite stories.
Just wish I could've been there.
There are a lot of stories involving Bradford. There was that one time in 1941 where the Nazis advanced on England and were approaching Bradford. The brave citizens of Bradford all grabbed pitchforks and cannons and successfully repealed the 100-million-man German force by themselves, just as they did 130 years before, against Napoleon's army
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Top of the South, NZ
19,040 posts, read 16,849,793 times
Reputation: 6562
Another interesting Bradford fact, is that Donald Duck was originally going to be called Bradford Duck.

Disney had to back down, after the Bradford Duck and Waterfowl Association threatened legal action.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,830,491 times
Reputation: 4606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Another interesting Bradford fact, is that Donald Duck was originally going to be called Bradford Duck.

Disney had to back down, after the Bradford Duck and Waterfowl Association threatened legal action.
Another fact: Frank Sinatra originally wanted to make his most famous song Bradford Bradford
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top