Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

I'll post a temp map in a bit. Here's from NWS Talahassee, FL

This graph illustrates how even the slightest wind 'overturns and mixes' the near-surface layer of the atmosphere, causing significant warming of the air temperature at 2 meters (where official observations are taken). However, when the wind goes calm, the temperature can plummet just as quickly- 9 degrees in just one hour this case! www.srh.noaa.gov/tae

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
WOW thats cold for the end of November.

Castlederg latest wind - Met Office

Ice day?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 AM

Miami Florida has been below normal since end of October. The consistance, and persistance of it East of the Rockies is incredible.

In fact, Miami has had only 1 above normal day high in the last 28 days if you call being +1 above "above". WOW!

Normal High is 81 and they are staying in the 70s. Normal low is upper 60s and they are struggling to stay above 60! They even went into the 50s beginning of November.

Must be cold for the Floridians

Old 11-25-2012, 06:08 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Miami has been cooler than normal becasue the upper East Coast has been warmer than normal - lol. The high pressure over the Northeast USA gave places like Bridgeport Ct a warmer than normal October.

However, as the pattern becomes more zonal this week and into the first week of December - temps will be more seasonable. Miami will see lows in the low 60's and highs near 75 - 77 F. In fact, as the southeast flow gets stronger into the week and next week...lows will struggle to get under 70 F in Miami. It all equals out in the end:

Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 AM

Again... be careful what you read folks... just make sure you do your own due diligence looking at the data before accepting any statement on the internet forums (including mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Miami has been cooler than normal becasue the upper East Coast has been warmer than normal
Bridgeport CT has only had 6 above normal days in past 25 days

11/14/12
Quote:
The departures don't seem to make it down to Florida however.
Incorrect.

11/14/12
Quote:
Yes,...but just like everywhere in much of the USA...the cold departures early in the month are finished...
Incorrect

11/10/12
Quote:
In any event, they should be cooking down in Florida in the coming days...temps will be heading for the 80's in many areas -
Incorrect, not even Miami was able to get to mid 70s.

I asked this before.... Where in the world do you get your info from???

Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Again... be careful what you read folks... just make sure you do your own due diligence looking at the data before accepting any statement on the internet forums (including mine)

Bridgeport CT has only had 6 above normal days in past 25 days

11/14/12
Incorrect.

11/14/12
Incorrect

11/10/12
Incorrect, not even Miami was able to get to mid 70s.

I asked this before.... Where in the world do you get your info from???

As is typical...you cherry pick the data. You attempt to try to take the first below normal month in more than a year and roll into a "cold pattern"

1) I said NWS Bridgeport was above normal in October:

Proof:

2) You tried to take the first cooler than normal month (this November) that Miami (and any other station you can find) then try to hype into a long term cold pattern.

FACT:
Most of the USA has had above normal temps for 12 to 18 momths!!.

FACT: This November will be the first below normal month at NWS Bridgeport in 20 Months!

FACT: The cold pattern of Noevmber is over...and now that we all KNOW a warmer than normal December (or least first two weeks of December ) will be warm we are spining hard. Here is what the "PROS" expect in the first part of December - it would be hard to expect colder than normal departures ...

I would caution people to be CARFULL OF PEOPLE WHO CHERRY PICK DATA AND HYPE WEATHER

GO ARGUE WITH THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE - MAYBE THEY ARE IN ON THE GOVERMENT COVERUP THAT A NEW ICE AGE IS COMING - LOL

Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
As is typical...you cherry pick the data. You attempt to try to take the first below normal month in more than a year and roll into a "cold pattern"
Nice try... but didnt work... We were talking about Novembers temps in Florida. Period. Keep looking for that warmer weather in the "past"

Quote:
Miami Florida has been below normal since end of October. The consistance, and persistance of it East of the Rockies is incredible.
Quote:
Miami has been cooler than normal becasue the upper East Coast has been warmer than normal -
Incorrect. Providing false data is not good. Also continuing to claim it will be warm and above normal without any relevant reasoning is the definetion of HYPE. There's only one true Hypester here and we obviously see it.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,560 times
Quote:

1) I said NWS Bridgeport was above normal in October:

Proof:
2) You tried to take the first cooler than normal month (this November) that Miami (and any other station you can find) then try to hype into a long term cold pattern.

FACT:
Most of the USA has had above normal temps for 12 to 18 momths!!.

FACT: This November will be the first below normal month at NWS Bridgeport in 20 Months!

FACT: The cold pattern of Noevmber is over...and now that we all KNOW a warmer than normal December (or least first two weeks of December ) will be warm we are spining hard. Here is what the "PROS" expect in the first part of December - it would be hard to expect colder than normal departures ...

I would caution people to be CARFULL OF PEOPLE WHO CHERRY PICK DATA AND HYPE WEATHER

GO ARGUE WITH THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE - MAYBE THEY ARE IN ON THE GOVERMENT COVERUP THAT A NEW ICE AGE IS COMING - LOL
I could not agree more. Of course, he has put me on IGNORE and claimed victory, when all the data shows that he is wrong. I don't care how many 300+ hour out that are Model WORTHLESS fantasy maps are painted all over these pages, the fact remains that we are turning much warmer after a very brief cool down that some try to masquerade as an Ice Age. Really. Well, in a few weeks there will me no where to hide.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Nice try... but didnt work... We were talking about Novembers temps in Florida. Period. Keep looking for that warmer weather in the "past"

Yea, this map looks to be in the past.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 AM

How this working out for you lately? I'm pretty sure people know what is considered hype and whats not. It's one thing to enjoy a certain type of weather but its another to continue to hype warmer weather.
11/13/12
Quote:
The FACT is that the pattern looks to have ABSOULTLY NO BELOW NORMAL COLD TEMPS for the eastern USA in the coming 2 to 3 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather