Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
May be, on average winters in Toronto are a bit colder than Oslo and Warsaw, but rest of the year is considerably colder in last cities and Toronto gets more thaws in winter.
I think the thing that swayed me were the heated sidewalks that I heard about in Oslo. It would make taking the climate much easier....

One of the things I hate about cold climates is slipping and sliding while trying to do normal things like walking down a street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
A climates

-Sapporo
-Halifax

Few climates I'll rate an A because there's faults for example Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Helsinki, Minks, Riga, Toronto and Montreal could be an A but Montreal winters are too cold and the European climates are too gloomy. While Toronto's climate seems to be too mild in winter.

F climates

Dubai
Mecca
Phoenix
La paz

Old 01-20-2014, 12:02 PM

2,617 posts, read 3,452,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I think the thing that swayed me were the heated sidewalks that I heard about in Oslo. It would make taking the climate much easier....

One of the things I hate about cold climates is slipping and sliding while trying to do normal things like walking down a street.
I don't think Warsaw has them.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:03 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
A
Tampa Bay
Orlando
Jacksonville
New Orleans
Miami

F
San Francisco
Vancouver
Minneapolis
Winnipeg
Mecca
Dubai

Old 01-20-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
I don't think Warsaw has them.
I'm totally ok with assigning Warsaw as an F climate, if that pleases you...

Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

Only major streets got heated sidewalks. The majority are covered with a layer of snow and/or ice during the winter months. I hate slush the most as my shoes and pants/jeans get way too dirty.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Only major streets got heated sidewalks. The majority are covered with a layer of snow and/or ice during the winter months. I hate slush the most as my shoes and pants/jeans get way too dirty.
I hate slush as well. Nothing like stepping into a slush puddle and getting cold wet feet on your way to work, the grocery store, etc...

My other complaint are the giant snowpiles filled with dirt, grime, trash, oil, and other debris. It almost makes me puke, especially since the smell of it travels far in the dry arctic air. That and mixed with the salt, it can make you nauseous.

Philly and NYC had a "snoweater" program (not sure if they still do it), they would go to each snowpile and feed it into a monster machine that melts the water, filters the pile and dumps the water into the storm drain. I wish other cities would do that.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM

233 posts, read 333,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
A
Toronto, Montreal, Sapporo, Stockholm, Warsaw, Munich, Moscow, St Petersburg,

B
New York, Berlin, Milan, Beijing
What is the criteria you used in differentiating A and B? I am also curious to know which difference in climate you saw between Berlin and Munich?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather