Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM

298 posts, read 300,076 times

Advertisements

I agree, San Diego CA. But it is expensive to purchase a home, very landlocked, and crowded. I enjoy visiting there and don't live too far away. I haven't found any weather that would match its perfectness! Hawaii is pretty but it gets pretty humid and can be stormy. San Diego is # 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM

327 posts, read 1,035,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
New York City has the best climate of world cities imho, I think it's got a near perfect balance between summer and winter with good sunshine to boot.

I find my hometown's climate comfortable but the seemingly endless sunshine and dry weather during summer does get a little tedious.
Poor you.. wish we had that problem here in Paris!

I actually agree with you re New York. People say it's too extreme but I don't think so - was there in August one year and it was high 20s, definately not sticky Mediterrainian heat. Winters maybe are more unpleasant.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM

327 posts, read 1,035,383 times
Generally the consensus I'm getting is that cities with a certain type of hot-summer Mediterranean climate (Köppen zone Csa) which is more moderate than the classic version of this climate exhibited by cities like Rome, is perfect.

Rome, Marseille, Barcelona etc would be near perfect save for deep winter is gloomy and often very wet and high summer can be uncomfortably hot.

San Diego, LA, Santiago, or Lisbon it is then! Anywhere else fall in this zone?

(Although I would add – this question is purely about climate – no need to respond on issues such as house prices, culture, economy etc!)

Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM

20,683 posts, read 23,779,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chascarrillo View Post
Not cold, but neither is warm.

However, 16c in Lisbon it' in spring, in winter is around 5c, definitely cold.
Lisbon does not have any average at any point in the year of 5c. And that really isn't that cold.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:23 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,089,733 times
Málaga, Spain

Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM

298 posts, read 1,149,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Lisbon does not have any average at any point in the year of 5c. And that really isn't that cold.
For me 5c it's cold.

I lived in Lisbon, between November and January is not uncommon at night comes to 7-5c, added to the rain and wind.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 AM

27,213 posts, read 28,295,642 times
London, Paris and New York City. ;-)

Seriously, those cities sum up the kind of weather I like: dynamic. Puerto Rico wasn't bad either when I went.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:07 PM

250 posts, read 658,734 times
Vancouver, Canada was the best I've experienced. Sunny and moist in the summer, but temps are never in the 80s. Sea breeze all the time. In the winter, it snows, just enough for a true winter, but rarely enough to cause a hazard.

I think Singapore would also be nice. I don't mind hot and humid as long as there is a sea breeze. Plus, it rains every night but is sunny every day, not to mention that the weather is perennially balmy.

Kunming is also touted for having China's best weather; I think Mexico City would also be a winner (with the same weather as Kunming) if it didn't have as much smog.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,622,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
I agree, San Diego CA. But it is expensive to purchase a home, very landlocked, and crowded. I enjoy visiting there and don't live too far away. I haven't found any weather that would match its perfectness! Hawaii is pretty but it gets pretty humid and can be stormy. San Diego is # 1.
I live in Toronto, a city with horrible winters but neverthless more expensive than San Diego.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,622,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
Vancouver, Canada was the best I've experienced. Sunny and moist in the summer, but temps are never in the 80s. Sea breeze all the time. In the winter, it snows, just enough for a true winter, but rarely enough to cause a hazard.
Canadian cities are mostly comfortable in the summer. Vancouver summer is a bit too cool for most people's taste. It is never in the 80s, but seldom above 75F too, which is too cool for a real summer.

Winter is bad. The temperature may not look too low and with high humidity it feels a lot colder and you definitely need multiple layers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather