Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

There's 2 different events. Both that never worried me. Thats why I hesitated to start this thread. Can you tell my reactions are different from other storms??

Pre Thanksgiving Storm Update:

I just never saw the potential with this one... Why is everyone saying "its possible" when models NEVER showed a hit on the U.S!??? I dont go by what ifs unless models have introduced it a few times. I go by what models are constantly showing.

In this case... no snow was being shown. No direct hit was being shown. Nothing. It was more OTS than anything.

Thats not to say we get scraped with it but this wont be anything to worry about except coastal areas.

Whenever you get a large slow moving storm pushing waters East to west, you have to worry about coastal erosion as it piles up onto the shore.

Waves could be 30 feet out in the Atlantic.

Winds can gust up to 45mph around here.

Some rains possible too.

Stay tuned for further updates or changes

Thanksgiving Storm Update:

The other thing models are consistantly showing is a second event. On and after Thanksgiving. The only consistant snows it has shown, is for Northern NY, VT, NH, ME. So anyone travelling there, plan ahead, it could be snowing hard Thanksgiving. Up to half foot possible.

Post Thanksgiving Update:

NAO tanks again according to every single model and projections. Blocking develops again. Trough digs down into the East after Thanksgiving. How long it lasts remains to be seen. But highs looking to be in the 30s and 40s. Looks like we finally are going to break that above normal month streak around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Thats not to say we get scraped with it but this wont be anything to worry about except coastal areas.

Whenever you get a large slow moving storm pushing waters East to west, you have to worry about coastal erosion as it piles up onto the shore.

Waves could be 30 feet out in the Atlantic.
Cool! I'll wax 'em up. What day do you think will have the biggest impact? Mon? Tues? Wed?

Today's NE fetch is kind of a bust. I took a run down to the beach at noon and it looked pretty small and crumbly. Maybe just barely rideable. Winds and seas are supposed to increase tonight, so I might try to paddle out tomorrow morning, depending on if the bouy shows an increase in swell height and/or period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather