Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 05:27 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,068,226 times

Advertisements

Lovely blue dome sky all day here but a bit on the cool side -- high around 18 C with a stiff easterly sea breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Continuing dryness will have an effect, and in that regard it will be nothing like the last 2 summers. There is plenty of potential here for large deficits over most of the country by the end of January.

http://ftpmedia.niwa.co.nz/climate/smd_anom.png?1234

An El Nino with cool nearby SSTs lasted till the end of summer 1972-73 - by then large areas were in drought and February shattered temperature records. Your "yet another cool summer" is rated as a 30% chance for your area as I recall (20% above, 50% average).

You prognostications are premature.
Yeah, you never know. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. Could go either way. This has been a pretty good month so far with two 30+ C days and a number of other warm days.

I suppose significant monthly temp departures are as much attributable to frequency of NW winds vs. SW as to other factors? So pretty much a crapshoot as to whether it'll be a warm or cool or average summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Eastern Argentina gets dust storms? Now that's a (giving a shoutout to Trimac ) geographical fact that surprised me.
Cordoba city is in the center of the country, not east. But a dust storm there its also impressive. In southeast (patagonia) it's more common.

Now 31.4ºC in BA. HI of 33.4ºC, humidity 50%, Dew point in 19.5ºC and 1004hp of pressure.
Hot but bearable.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
not for me

Old 12-15-2012, 01:24 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Lovely blue dome sky all day here but a bit on the cool side -- high around 18 C with a stiff easterly sea breeze.

Yeah, you never know. I'll be interested to see how it plays out. Could go either way. This has been a pretty good month so far with two 30+ C days and a number of other warm days.

I suppose significant monthly temp departures are as much attributable to frequency of NW winds vs. SW as to other factors? So pretty much a crapshoot as to whether it'll be a warm or cool or average summer.
Well, it only takes a modest adjustments in the tracks/average locations of the highs to change the wind direction anomalies quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I suspect that the 3 months will not be uniform as far as temperature anomalies go - only in the seasons nearer the extremes is that likely.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM

With today already they are eleven days in BA this month with maxims of 30 or more.
By comparison, the average of december days with maxs of 30ºC or more in the last ten years is 10,4 days. Already we have exceeded this brand only in the middle of the month... The record was 2010 december, with 17 days.
And the mean temperature so far this month is 25ºC, tying 2010 as the second most warmest december. The warmest was in 1994 with a mean temp of 25.5ºC.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 PM

777 posts, read 1,062,243 times
back to the usual summer fare, 17C / 63F and overcast at 11am.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,056 times
I think I underestimated how warm and long BA summers are and also how unpredictable and British Melbourne summers are!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 PM

At 1am 25.5ºC, HI of 27.2ºC, humidity of 78%, dewpoint in 21.4ºC, pressure in 1003hpa and no wind.
The night feels very uncomfortable. Rain is coming soon.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
With today already they are eleven days in BA this month with maxims of 30 or more.
By comparison, the average of december days with maxs of 30ºC or more in the last ten years is 10,4 days. Already we have exceeded this brand only in the middle of the month... The record was 2010 december, with 17 days.
And the mean temperature so far this month is 25ºC, tying 2010 as the second most warmest december. The warmest was in 1994 with a mean temp of 25.5ºC.

WOW
ELEVEN days with max over 30c in december and we are not even in summer yet??? second hottest december in history???

Im not shocked at all cause i ve been here this month and its been hot hot hot...specially the nights. We ve been having january nights for a while now. Most nights are above 25c, and we already have some above 30c too, in november and december this is horrible.

I was actually here to post how unberably HOT this night is,. very hot and humid, around 30c, just walked two blocks and im completely sweaty....this is one of "those" nights This feels horrible

I wouldnt mind living this hot days, heck, even hotter days, even days that would go up to 50celsius, if only, IF ONLY nights were cooler. I just cant anymore with this 30c nights. I just cant. Today it almost seemed that night was hotter than daytime, and daytime temp was 33c!!!!

This is just terrible, this nights are horrible, cant temperature low down a bit??? at least go to "normal" territory, but im tired of scoring ABOVE average temperatures every hot month!!!! please!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
At 1am 25.5ºC, HI of 27.2ºC, humidity of 78%, dewpoint in 21.4ºC, pressure in 1003hpa and no wind.
The night feels very uncomfortable. Rain is coming soon.
only 25.5??? i swear i JUST got home and i would have bet my house that temp was ABOVE 30c. Was just in a friend house and she was saying temp COULDNT be lower than 33c (this was at 2 in the morning) and i was trying to get realistic and lowing things down but the lower i could imagine temp was was 30celsius. I swear to god: we were on her balcony, in short and sleevless t-shirt, and COMPLETELY SWEATING cause it was so unbearable. And she is a heat lover!!! Even she was saying this night was too much: NO winds, insane humidty (actually just checked on SMN and it says humidity is 87%!!!! so i guess its higher than 1 am now at 3am wich means it will probably rain??? but sky didnt have any cloud when i saw it from the balcony) and we were just sweaty. We wanted to have a beer outside but it was WAY too hot so we decided to drink it inside with the a/c- And this is a city in where temps at night are regullary above 26c, so clearly the 90% humidity, the pressure, the low wind, the dew point make it feel just so much hotter!!!!!!! We were commenting on how this was probably the hottest night we ve both ever lived and we have lived several 33 and even 35celsius nights!!!!!!!

So, yeah, this night is just so terrible!!

damnit, this november/december have been so hot!! HOT BEYOND WORDS!!!!

When i complained about the heat last summer i didnt knew how lucky i was....:cr ying:

now THIS is a hot summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather