Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,068,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Now that the rain has stopped and the sun is out it's hot and unusually humid. Currently 36C, with a dewpoint of 23C, and an apparent temp of 40C it feels like I've stepped out into SE Asia.
Not at all what I imagine of typical Perth weather. Sounds like Darwin in the "build-up". I imagine this is fairly rare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 AM

20 posts, read 20,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Not at all what I imagine of typical Perth weather. Sounds like Darwin in the "build-up". I imagine this is fairly rare?
Reasonably rare however the past few years these humid days seem to be happening more often.

February 2011 was one of the most hot and humid months for the whole west coast. Im 450km north of Perth and for about two and a half weeks the temperature stayed over 37c and the dewpoint hovered around 22c - 25c.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 AM

16 posts, read 21,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator_ View Post
Reasonably rare however the past few years these humid days seem to be happening more often.

February 2011 was one of the most hot and humid months for the whole west coast. Im 450km north of Perth and for about two and a half weeks the temperature stayed over 37c and the dewpoint hovered around 22c - 25c.
You in Geraldton mate? and I'm 30 mins SE of Perth!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Yeh ChesterNZ, it's quite unusual for Perth and I can't recall a similar day where we have had 36C+ accompanied with such high dewpoints. It's probably happened before but I have no stats to confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator_

True. The last 4 years in Perth are all in the top 5 for the hottest on record, and the summers haven't been as dry as we're used to. Seems like the one constant in that period has been above average Indian Ocean SST's.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 AM

777 posts, read 1,062,243 times
Just a tad warm here...

Marree, SA - Daily Weather Observations

Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 AM

16 posts, read 21,015 times

Cyclone could affect SW AUS next week

Perth Forecast for early next week:
Saturday 12 January
Summary
Min 18Max 32
Showers and chance of a storm.
Perth area
Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Winds east to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h turning south to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the day.

Sunday 13 January
Summary
Min 21Max 29
Perth area
Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Winds northeast to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h tending south to southwesterly during the day.

Monday 14 January
Summary
Min 21Max 30
Perth area
Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Winds easterly and light increasing to 15 to 20 km/h during the morning.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,117 times
National heat record expected by Bureau of Meteorology | News.com.au

Quote:
WEATHER analysis to be released today is expected to show Australia is sweltering through its hottest days in history.

Bureau of Meteorology forecast modelling estimates show the mercury was expected to hit a new national record yesterday and today.

The previous national high of 40.17C set was on December 21, 1972.

Yesterday's national temperature will be released at 2pm.

The national temperature is calculated from about 700 weather stations across the country, but is processed as a mathematical interpolation instead of an average.

Bureau figures for Sunday, released yesterday, show the national temperature was 39.71C, and marked the first time it has stayed above 39C for five days in a row.

But bureau climate monitoring manager Karl Braganza said he expected that record to stretch to seven days when yesterday and today's figures were calculated.

"The forecast for today and tomorrow is expected to exceed that record of 40.17 degrees," Mr Barganza said.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 AM

777 posts, read 1,062,243 times
Just wait till the global warming fanatics get a hold of this.

Heat in the desert in the tropical/subtropical country of Australia in summer??? Who would've thought...

Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,415,160 times
Sick of hearing about every other damn country getting heat heat heat in summer and above average but when summer comes in the UK it is bloody 5 degrees below average and cloudy/raining every day. Better f-in change this year.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
this week is all hot and sunny in buenos aires, according to the national weather service(wich is the most accurate for weather predicitions in BA in internet):

Servicio Meteorológico Nacional

so, yeah, awful

we have 33c now and 35.6 of heat index
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather