Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Very nice! Those are the best summer days, especially after hot spells.
Yes!!! Today is just wonderful! Only 23.4c at 2:41 pm, so i guess it wont get hotter than this, yay!! Im planning to go walking to a park after i finsih working, i can never walk or run in summer so this is just great.
On sunday temps are gonna be back to above 30c, so im gonna enjoying today and tomorrow as much as i can

This January so far has been so much better than last (and also so much better than novemnber and december!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,068,909 times
Cool and breezy here, 18 C with an annoying 40 km/hr easterly! This had better not be an indication of weather to come...

Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Cool and breezy here, 18 C with an annoying 40 km/hr easterly! This had better not be an indication of weather to come...
It will be back to N/NNW fairly soon, with some hot days for you not far off.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM

473 posts, read 667,146 times
Sure has been some amazing weather in Eastern Queensland for the last several days. Widespread rainfalls of 200mm+, and more than 500mm for some areas. And today, tornadoes are being reported near Bundaberg, causing significant damage. This weather has been caused by Ex-tropical Cyclone Oswald, a system that started in the Gulf of Carpentaria. The low pressure system is now sitting close to Emerald in Central Queensland, and is moving south-south-east. Tomorrow should be a very wet and windy day for the south-eastern part of the state as a result.

Here are some forecasts from the BOM:
Brisbane Forecast
Darling Downs and Granite Belt District
Severe Weather Warning 1
And the radar: 512 km composite Gympie (Mt Kanigan) Radar Loop

Not too much rain here yet. Hopefully there will be plenty tonight and tomorrow though.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 AM

839 posts, read 3,074,419 times
I'm in Santiago de Chile right now. Arrived on Wednesday. How stable the day-to-day weather is here as compared to BA. The first and second days I felt lucky being here because in BA it was too hot at 36 C while here it was like 29-30 C. But yesterday I was envious of BA weather since it was 22 C there and here it was, well, 29-30 C... Every day is the same weather wise here. Fortunately nights are relatively cool and sleepable.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM

473 posts, read 667,146 times
There have been some really insane rainfall totals last night! Kingaroy, a town about 90km north-east of here, had an incredible 234mm of rain in the 24 hours to 9am. Further north, the town of Gayndah had 282.8mm. These are inland towns so daily rainfall totals higher than 100mm are rare, let alone 200! Both places easily broke their daily rainfall record. There are very strong winds in some areas as well, with Toowoomba recording gusts over 90km/h which has brought down trees and caused power outages in some areas. Latest Weather Observations Toowoomba
Yesterday at least 5 tornadoes caused damage as well, a very significant tornado outbreak for Australia.

Here in Dalby there was 70.8mm to 9am and another 10.6mm in the last hour. I really love this weather. Also the pressure has dropped below 997hPa as the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Oswald get closer. Some computer models show the centre passing almost straight over my town later today.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I'm in Santiago de Chile right now. Arrived on Wednesday. How stable the day-to-day weather is here as compared to BA. The first and second days I felt lucky being here because in BA it was too hot at 36 C while here it was like 29-30 C. But yesterday I was envious of BA weather since it was 22 C there and here it was, well, 29-30 C... Every day is the same weather wise here. Fortunately nights are relatively cool and sleepable.
I actually think that summer tends to be more stable in BA than any other season, like remember last january? sunny and hot for the entire month no exception. This was the same for like two weeks until it cooled off, but i gotta say this january has been very unstable here. Like one day it was 36c and the other day 22c!! Today it was a nice 27c sunny day and starting tomorrow temps are gonna be back on summer: tomorrow its gonna be 32c and 35c are forecasted to mond, tuesday and wednesday! So lucky for you im sure its gonna be much more nicer there!

enjoy Santiago
I will be envying you on monday

Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Already a light dew formed here even though the sun is still up. Down to 17C/63F by 8.00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I saw Argentina on tv last night. Looks like a fascinating place. The weather always seemed to be fine,even down in the south. A lot of places looked like a lush flatter Southern California. The southern glaciers are amazing.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,660 times
Forecast for Sydney looks a little bleak for tomorrow...

Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
It looks like the weather one would get with a tropical storm (except that no tropical cyclone is impacting Sydney right now).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather