U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

13,495 posts, read 35,116,894 times

Advertisements

Alright!!!! It's got to be all those prayers for you to get some rain.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,155,000 times
Yes I do believe you are correct. Thank goodness for prayers! When it starts, I must tell ya, I am going outside and am dancing in the stuff, yep, you heard me right, I am going dancing in the rain, so if I get put into the looney bin, will y'all bale me out?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM

3,542 posts, read 7,760,248 times
Flew back from a conference I attended this weekend in Kansas City. Stopped in Tulsa and in Houston and on that flight, we encountered the storms that ripped through the metroplex last night. It was an incredible view through the air -- and a very bumpy experience too!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:29 PM

8,669 posts, read 20,986,836 times
Smile Sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Yes I do believe you are correct. Thank goodness for prayers! When it starts, I must tell ya, I am going outside and am dancing in the stuff, yep, you heard me right, I am going dancing in the rain, so if I get put into the looney bin, will y'all bale me out?
Yes, we'll bail you out! After all, didn't Fred Astaire do it too? (dancing in the rain??) No, it was singing in the rain and maybe it was Bing Crosby! Oh, well, close enough!!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM

Default The Water Dance...

Ok, I just went outside and yes, I was twirling around. Ah, the fresh scent that greeted me as I stepped outside the door! The steady beat of many drops falling softly on the hard, parched grass was my band, the droplets cascading down my arms my partner, I shivered as each one caressed my bare arms. Laughter escaped my lips as I danced too close to the pear tree; it's sudden shimmy spread hundreds of tiny tears all over my face.

Nearby, the cat and dog kept glancing at me, wondering if I had lost what little mind I had. I beckoned them to come dance, but they turned their nose up and walked away. Not to be disillusioned by their haughty treatment, I sought the hanging basket, spinning it around and around as if a ballerina on stage.

Finally, tired out from the excitement, I repaired to my chamber, hesitant to towel the liquid away, fearing whence I might enjoy it once more.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 20,986,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Ok, I just went outside and yes, I was twirling around. Ah, the fresh scent that greeted me as I stepped outside the door! The steady beat of many drops falling softly on the hard, parched grass was my band, the droplets cascading down my arms my partner, I shivered as each one caressed my bare arms. Laughter escaped my lips as I danced too close to the pear tree; it's sudden shimmy spread hundreds of tiny tears all over my face.

Nearby, the cat and dog kept glancing at me, wondering if I had lost what little mind I had. I beckoned them to come dance, but they turned their nose up and walked away. Not to be disillusioned by their haughty treatment, I sought the hanging basket, spinning it around and around as if a ballerina on stage.

Finally, tired out from the excitement, I repaired to my chamber, hesitant to towel the liquid away, fearing whence I might enjoy it once more.
Woohoo! It's a rainy night in Georgia... uh, no, it's Mississippi! Well, close enough!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM

And ya just don't know what a joy it is to hear those patters on my roof! I am tired, and a bit sleepy, but would not miss the first droplets to fall in so long for anything.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM

Of course we'd bail you out, Angel. I'm just SO glad you're finally getting some rain.

Anthony, tonight someone told me that an area in OK was getting flooded again. They've had it pretty rough these past few months, too.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 AM

1,355 posts, read 3,913,011 times
Areas in OK getting flooded? Ummm, not that I know of. We've been real dry the last couple months too, it was all year leading up to September that was wet. We finally got our first decent rain in well over a month Sunday night.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Nameless, that's good to know. Yes, one of my co-workers said they saw it on the news, but they couldn't remember which OK town it was. This morning I listened to TWC and they didn't say anything so I wondered if this person was seeing the stories about the Dallas area. My co-workers get as confused as I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather