Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 01:10 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
May just be that North America's geography is unique enough that trying to fit its climate zones in with classifications suited for the rest of the world is a somewhat futile exercise...
Wouldn't that be true of most anywhere though? - classifications only (very) broadly try to define average temperatures, and not exceptional events or anomalous weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 01:41 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
DFW still mustered a mean of 41.1°F/5.05°C for February, despite that cold snap
That might be the case but it still got cold enough to severely damage or kill even many trees and shrubs usually thought of as being hardy to this area, not to mention the fact that subtropical indicator plants such as live oaks and most species of palm trees are likely done for. Hopefully this arctic outbreak was a freak occurrence and won’t happen again anytime soon.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
That might be the case but it still got cold enough to severely damage or kill even many trees and shrubs usually thought of as being hardy to this area, not to mention the fact that subtropical indicator plants such as live oaks and most species of palm trees are likely done for. Hopefully this arctic outbreak was a freak occurrence and won’t happen again anytime soon.
It was abnormal

Typical cold stats for Dallas in February are 3 highs in the 40s, 2 highs in the 30s; 11 lows in the 30s (with 2 below freezing) and 4 lows in the 20s

The mean minimum high in Dallas in February is 39°F and the mean minimum low is 24°F

Old 03-03-2021, 02:47 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It doesn't matter what the summers are in NZ -you can't prove that the UK has totally interchangeable vegetation with NZ, and your attempts have really just highlighted the difference.

Your lying is quite sad, and underpins an inability to think and act logically.

Wales? - who in their right mind is ever going to think that these two photos taken from the same spot (but different seasons) is Wales?

It wasn't even me that 'caught you out' Joe! Somebody else caught you posting pictures of Wales then trying to pass them off as NZ! Obviously we can't trust you to post real pictures, so perhaps the best way to see what NZ actually looks like is to Google it eh, which is what we did , and in doing so we could see that NZ looks similar to the UK, which isn't a surprise is it, not when they both have an Oceanic climate!
Your continued attempts to try and convince us that NZ us some kind of Tropical paradise is obviously not going to work especially when we can see how ****e the weather forecast is for Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch is for the next two weeks! Grey drizzly skies and highs in the teens is not what you expect in the tropics Joe.
There are worse climates than Oceanic Joe, so it could certainly be worse, NZ is not Tropical Joe it's time you accepted it and embraced it! Go out there, wear your shorts in 13 degrees if you want to,

That about sums it all up.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It wasn't even me that 'caught you out' Joe! Somebody else caught you posting pictures of Wales then trying to pass them off as NZ! Obviously we can't trust you to post real pictures, so perhaps the best way to see what NZ actually looks like is to Google it eh, which is what we did , and in doing so we could see that NZ looks similar to the UK, which isn't a surprise is it, not when they both have an Oceanic climate!
Your continued attempts to try and convince us that NZ us some kind of Tropical paradise is obviously not going to work especially when we can see how ****e the weather forecast is for Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch is for the next two weeks! Grey drizzly skies and highs in the teens is not what you expect in the tropics Joe.
There are worse climates than Oceanic Joe, so it could certainly be worse, NZ is not Tropical Joe it's time you accepted it and embraced it! Go out there, wear your shorts in 13 degrees if you want to,

That about sums it all up.

Show me the "Wales" photo, and we'll soon sort this out.

..... I think you're a person not at peace with yourself.

Last edited by Joe90; 03-03-2021 at 03:44 PM..

Old 03-04-2021, 12:11 PM

^^^^ Just checking in to see if any more photos of the "secret" Welsh Valley have been posted.

It will be the part of Wales where cherries, peaches and grapes are the main industry - should narrow it down for ya fella.

Last edited by Joe90; 03-04-2021 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-04-2021, 04:21 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,228,266 times
You guys have WAY too much time on your hands! Holy crap!

Old 03-04-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
You guys have WAY too much time on your hands! Holy crap!
True enough. But misinformation is something one is obliged to push back against, when it happens on your watch, imo.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:33 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Show me the "Wales" photo, and we'll soon sort this out.

..... I think you're a person not at peace with yourself.
Perhaps you should have this conversation with the guy that found you out mate, it wasn't even me that discovered your cheeky little 'cheat' was it! He just confirmed my suspicions, that you are posting pictures from god knows where and then claiming they were your back garden! Perhaps he can tell you exactly how he found out you were posting pictures of Wales when you claimed it was New Zealand no? It was post 334 I believe.

Hows the wearing of your shorts coming along? Are the 16 deg C temperatures giving your knees a tan!

Old 03-04-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Perhaps you should have this conversation with the guy that found you out mate, it wasn't even me that discovered your cheeky little 'cheat' was it! He just confirmed my suspicions, that you are posting pictures from god knows where and then claiming they were your back garden! Perhaps he can tell you exactly how he found out you were posting pictures of Wales when you claimed it was New Zealand no? It was post 334 I believe.

Hows the wearing of your shorts coming along? Are the 16 deg C temperatures giving your knees a tan!
It's a photo of Cromwell in NZ - a stone fruit and grape growing region. I'm guessing you wished Wales had this scenery..... it's a bit sad you don't have more pride in your own scenery.

Here's a winter view photo of the same place.

Plenty of back garden ones as well - although I don't really have a back garden as such, just bush filled gullies. Check these photos out . Mid May , and the average temperature is still warmer than Eastbourne in May .... easy to wear shorts at this time of the year.

Notice the oak tree in the bottom photo has barely changed colour even though it's in late autumn.... probably different than you're used too.

Maybe you can post some garden photos?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather