Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,387,325 times

Advertisements

Freezing Rain Warning

"Niagara Falls - Welland - Southern Niagara Region
3:32 PM EDT Wednesday 10 April 2013

Significant freezing rain on the way.

Periodic rain and the odd thunderstorm is affecting the area this evening, but a more wintery change is on the way. Colder air will arrive later tonight and coincide with an approaching low currently over Missouri. A messy mix of ice pellets and freezing rain is expected to develop late tonight or Thursday morning in the warned regions and continue throughout Thursday and much of Thursday night. It may very well fall heavy at times and be accompanied by a few rumbles of thunder.."

Weather Warnings - Environment Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,020 times
20C and sunny forecast for Sunday! Finally some decent warmth

Old 04-10-2013, 03:54 PM

592 posts, read 460,966 times
I'm really glad to be on the warm side of the ridge today! A beautiful 86F with relatively dry conditions; perfect for a hike in the woods (although I did get a little sweaty lol). The goldenrods are fully covered in yellow blossoms, the grass is finally mostly green, and the buds on the bradford pears are greatly enlarged, probably about to bloom in about 4 or 5 days

Old 04-10-2013, 04:02 PM

559 posts, read 748,017 times
Completely overcast here as of around 4 PM, but still no rain or storms here yet. We really need some rain. Even if we don't get much today, we'll get a nice soaking rain on Friday.

The high today was 78 F at 2:45 PM, and now it has "cooled" down to 74. It should continue to cool down through the night, and back to chilly temperatures on Thursday, only 52 F, and only 48 F on Friday!

And about those storms... HOLY! Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect right now! First thunderstorm of the year here, and the first in over 7 months. I almost forgot what lightning looked like and what thunder sounded like. The storm is knocking on the door right now and is just entering New Jersey. Should be here within 10 minutes...

Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM

592 posts, read 460,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
That's an interesting cluster of heat in the Mid-Atlantic (VA, MD, DE, Southeastern PA, and parts of NJ). Cuts off fairly abruptly in coastal and Northern NJ/NYC.

Yesterday was warm and dry here. Today is a little cooler (still a warm 70 F/21 C), there's a hint of humidity in the air.
Where exactly do you live in NJ that's 16 degrees cooler today than here in Bucks county PA?? Lol.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Strong storms carrying lightning and strong wind gust and downpours made its way across PA. Lets see if it makes it into NYC/CT

Looks like its holding ground for Northern NJ

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Watches and Warnings Map. Severe Thunderstorm Warning in NJ now.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Brutal day here in NE Wisc., ice/snow, power outages and more to come! Not too Spring-like, temps are unreal and north winds, too! I am ready for Spring, this is over the top! Our power isn't out but over by Oshkosh, Green Bay it is bad.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:39 PM

559 posts, read 748,017 times
So it begins... well actually it began about 15 minutes ago but I was too busy watching the storm to post about it here. We have indeed gotten a pretty good amount of rain I'd say, more than I expected. The storm's also lasting longer than I thought. About 30 minutes straight of thunder and lightning now. I had to turn the light on at 6 PM!!! Well at least after this it won't be so hot anymore. But on the other hand it'll also be too cool for my liking and not to mention the upcoming rain on Friday, which will be a cold rain, and I hate cold rain. At least the start of next week looks good though, with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid to upper 60s.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
So it begins... well actually it began about 15 minutes ago but I was too busy watching the storm to post about it here. We have indeed gotten a pretty good amount of rain I'd say, more than I expected. The storm's also lasting longer than I thought. About 30 minutes straight of thunder and lightning now. I had to turn the light on at 6 PM!!! Well at least after this it won't be so hot anymore. But on the other hand it'll also be too cool for my liking and not to mention the upcoming rain on Friday, which will be a cold rain, and I hate cold rain. At least the start of next week looks good though, with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid to upper 60s.
That means its coming here. Thanks for the heads up! Nice to know whats involved with the storm.

Temp dropped to 58 now here ahead of storm.

50s on Long Island and not too far away 80s. (Long Island is reflecting water influence). 10m Winds coming right off there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather