Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,383,922 times

Advertisements

Look familiar?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,211,945 times
Hope it drops down over Eastern Canada!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 PM

83,374 posts, read 74,833,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That explains the clouds I was watching this morning. We are having a rerun of 1997
There are 2 Upper level Lows over the U.S. I am fasincated with how many times these ULLs have been around for months now. Coming and going and some just hovering (especially when there was blocking)

So the clouds you see are most likely from the ULL's. Im curious to read some NWS discussions from your way now.

These ULL's are responsible for squashing any ridge that trys to pop up hence why we havent seen true heat even in the south.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:05 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,012,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
There are 2 Upper level Lows over the U.S. I am fasincated with how many times these ULLs have been around for months now. Coming and going and some just hovering (especially when there was blocking)

So the clouds you see are most likely from the ULL's. Im curious to read some NWS discussions from your way now.

These ULL's are responsible for squashing any ridge that trys to pop up hence why we havent seen true heat even in the south.
We were fixing to go into Jamestown and so some Grocery shopping. The Weather report convinced us we can wait until Monday. We live half way between Jamestown and Aberdeen.

SOURCE

Old 04-13-2013, 05:19 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,177,327 times
I didn't get a flu shot this year and I traveled at the height of a severe flu outbreak in the US and Canada. Despite taking an immunosuppressant for an autoimmune disease, my immune system has remained pretty strong. I may get a cold about once a year, but it's usually a minor nuisance unless my nose is constantly running.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 AM

Default Mid April Blizzard North Dakota and Minnesota

I can only wish I had blizzard conditions in mid April. Lucky them! See snow forecast map below.

https://www.facebook.com/US.National...GrandForks.gov

"A major winter storm will impact the region Today into Monday. Heavy snow will move into the southern Red River Valley this morning, then into the Grand Forks and Devils Lake Basin by mid afternoon, then to the Canadian Border by sunset. Easterly winds will also increase, and near blizzard conditions are possible along and west of the Red River Valley. Storm total snow amounts from 7 to 14 inches are expected, with the highest totals in the Sheyenne River Valley. Blowing and drifting snow is expected and travel will become very hazardous. Snow will taper off by Monday afternoon, and conditions will slowly improve. (Please visit http://weather.gov/fgf for more information.)"

Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
I can only wish I had blizzard conditions in mid April. Lucky them! See snow forecast map below.

https://www.facebook.com/US.National...GrandForks.gov

"A major winter storm will impact the region Today into Monday. Heavy snow will move into the southern Red River Valley this morning, then into the Grand Forks and Devils Lake Basin by mid afternoon, then to the Canadian Border by sunset. Easterly winds will also increase, and near blizzard conditions are possible along and west of the Red River Valley. Storm total snow amounts from 7 to 14 inches are expected, with the highest totals in the Sheyenne River Valley. Blowing and drifting snow is expected and travel will become very hazardous. Snow will taper off by Monday afternoon, and conditions will slowly improve. (Please visit http://weather.gov/fgf for more information.)"

I'm almost in the middle of the mess. 40 miles SE of Jamestown--35 miles SW of Valley City

Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 AM

It's almost rare to see no widespread temps of 5+ above normal in entire U.S.
75% of country below normal past 30days

Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 AM

Blizzard conditions in Bismark right now. Here's a look at the radar, Pressure and where temps are 30s or lower

Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Blizzard conditions in Bismark right now. Here's a look at the radar, Pressure and where temps are 30s or lower

Wind and snow are picking up here. Should get a nice Blizzard Video in an hour or so.

However, it may be from the window.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather