Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,464,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
It's raining in Texas this morning and I'm happy. Every once in awhile I just enjoy a good "rainy" day. Now if you get too many all in a row...yeah, that can get dreary. But I don't know...there's just something about a rainy or overcast day that I enjoy. It's kind of cozy. Does anyone else ever feel that way?
I love rainy days ! (Except when I have to go out .lol ) Nothing like a good ol' thunderstorm . A good book and a hot cuppa coffee to go with it and I'm in heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM

673 posts, read 3,137,981 times
I love rainy days too!!! We need rain soooooo bad here....we've been in a major drought. I love to call in sick when its raining and spend the day by myself with just me and the dog. Of course its rare that I get to do this but some days its totally worth it!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM

22,999 posts, read 34,272,352 times
I love rainy days too, especially when it means a cool front is coming

Old 10-22-2007, 08:18 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,704,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
It's raining in Texas this morning and I'm happy. Every once in awhile I just enjoy a good "rainy" day. Now if you get too many all in a row...yeah, that can get dreary. But I don't know...there's just something about a rainy or overcast day that I enjoy. It's kind of cozy. Does anyone else ever feel that way?
Rainy days?
Sometimes I do, but usually when the rain doesn't feel cold.

Overcast days? Never!
Of our probable 120-150 days of overcast annually, 80-110 of them remain dry.
(and like ILNC said, their presence tends to cause an absense of warmth )

I like to watch storms sometimes, lightning, pounding rain etc.
Somedays it's stormy all day, yet fascinating just the same.

The BEST rainy weather is summer "sun-showers," IMHO.
Especially when there are rainbows and smoky steam clouds hang or swirl around the pavement afterwards.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,665,505 times
I love my sunshine (which is the only reason why this drought hasn't killed my nerves just yet), but I love rainy days. Even better--I love rainy days when I'm wrapped up in warm blankets, watching TV, looking outside as others have to drive through it

I used to hate rain until the last drought broke in '02. Ever since then, rain has amazed me...the big downpours anyway, not the "fake" rain (drizzle, mist, etc.)

Old 10-22-2007, 09:11 PM

5,663 posts, read 11,214,083 times
I miss the rain. I can't remember the last time we had a couple of days of good heavy rainstorms here in southern cal. Today is a firestorm day, it was near 90F this afternoon, humidity almost zero, winds blasting from the inland deserts, and fires burning in the hills about a mile from where I live. Thick smoke in the air, little bits of ash raining down, fire trucks cruising around. Please send me some rain.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 PM

8,024 posts, read 12,172,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I miss the rain. I can't remember the last time we had a couple of days of good heavy rainstorms here in southern cal. Today is a firestorm day, it was near 90F this afternoon, humidity almost zero, winds blasting from the inland deserts, and fires burning in the hills about a mile from where I live. Thick smoke in the air, little bits of ash raining down, fire trucks cruising around. Please send me some rain.
I hear you! We received a good share of those dry, northeasterly winds here too on Sunday ... only not as extreme as what southern CA had. It's funny how so many people move to California & Arizona because it's so sunny & warm most of the time ... but they don't realize how many problems the warm, dry, rainless conditions create. Not only fires, but drought, and loss of business for many people.

I like rain, and am sick of the sun all the time. Those who are tired of the rainy conditions where they live ought to spend some time in Phoenix ... then they'll learn to appreciate cloudy, rainy days when we get them (which isn't very often lately).

Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Overcast days? Didn't mean to sound so negative.

I don't mind them if I already have a sunburn.
As long as it's warm enough I don't need long sleeves, overcast is not much of a problem.

Misty/foggy days? Now that's a WHOLE nother story!

I LOVE IT when there's calm wind, thick fog in the air (like 100-200 ft visibility) and no one's around.
It looks weird; almost fairy-tale like, sometimes spooky.

Plus when it's foggy it tends to be coolish, sometimes a little cold, but it's never a harsh cold.

In winter it tends to happen with temps in the 30's and 40's, spring or fall 40's to 60's and summer (very rare) mid 50's to mid 60's.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Awefull, hope you get some rain or fire relief soon.

This summer when I was up north for the first time I experienced dry "fire-weather." Downtown where I was living smelled like a campground, everywhere you went.

I was happy when we got our first rain (about 1/2 inch) to help the firefighters... until 3 days later and we became mosquito central!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times
I love rainy days. Although I'm sure that if I lived where it rained constantly it would get old. But, there's hardly anything like a good soaker all day long (no thunder or lightning) that just cleans everything off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather