Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,639 times

Advertisements

no, its not crimea either. keep guessing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,267,639 times
and its nowhere in Europe

Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,263,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Now I'll guess your next two - maybe we have traveled to the same places - lol.

The Mt one is the Italian side of the Alps right?

The lower picture is in Switzerland.

Try these two - one urban and one rural/mt/desert:

I'll make it somewhat easy, they are both very photographed locations:

Rural:

Urban:

My pictures are the same place and it is not in Europe...

Your first picture might be the great salt lake
Your second is New Orleans

Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
My pictures are the same place and it is not in Europe...

Your first picture might be the great salt lake
Your second is New Orleans
Your right about the bottom one - it's New Orleans (I thought the European style buildings would throw you).

Your also pretty close on the top one - it's White Sands National Park in New Mexico.

As to your your first pic (Mts), I see a little Mediterranean style to that house, so it could have been southern Europe...but you said it's not Europe. It's doesn't look like California or Western Australia, so maybe South Africa somewhere?

Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Your right about the bottom one - it's New Orleans (I thought the European style buildings would throw you).
Actually I've been to NO, so it helped. I didn't find New Orleans to be European-looking at all. The only thing is that it has a old district (the so-called "french disctrict", but the style are nothing like what is found anywhere in Europe. It is a mix of colonial/creole styles typical from the Americas.

Quote:
As to your your first pic (Mts), I see a little Mediterranean style to that house, so it could have been southern Europe...but you said it's not Europe. It's doesn't look like California or Western Australia, so maybe South Africa somewhere?
Yes, the house is mediterranean looking, as well as the vegetation. But "mediterranean" is not only Europe...
It is not California, nor Australia or South Africa.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
Patrix542 photo of vineyard looks like Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Nice White Sands photo, been there a few times, really cool place.

Very interesting New Orleans photo, nice to see all those Mediterranean Fan Palms.

Last edited by BMI; 07-17-2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Actually I've been to NO, so it helped. I didn't find New Orleans to be European-looking at all. The only thing is that it has a old district (the so-called "french disctrict", but the style are nothing like what is found anywhere in Europe. It is a mix of colonial/creole styles typical from the Americas.
Ahh, we have been to the same places again - lol, I was in New Orleans a few years ago myself. I did think the French District reminded me a bit of Paris when I was there, perhaps it’s the use of the wrought iron - lol. Your right though, for the most part the New Orleans has a different look than Victorian England, esp the residential houses, they seem to be a mix of tropical British colonial/creole and southern plantation: I took this one when I was last in New Orleans:

Quote:
Yes, the house is mediterranean looking, as well as the vegetation. But "mediterranean" is not only Europe... It is not California, nor Australia or South Africa.

Hmmm...your right Mediterranean is not only Europe, and you say it's not Calif, Australia, or South Africa. Maybe Chile? You really have me stumped?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...your right Mediterranean is not only Europe, and you say it's not Calif, Australia, or South Africa. Maybe Chile? You really have me stumped?
California, south Africa, Chile, Australia might have mediterranean cliamte but are not areas in the mediterranean region... My pictures are from the mediterranean in the true sense of the word, and as I said, the mediterranean is not only surrounded by Europe. Now that is easyier I think!...

Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Ahh, we have been to the same places again - lol, I was in New Orleans a few years ago myself. I did think the French District reminded me a bit of Paris when I was there

Really ??

Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
California, south Africa, Chile, Australia might have mediterranean cliamte but are not areas in the mediterranean region... My pictures are from the mediterranean in the true sense of the word, and as I said, the mediterranean is not only surrounded by Europe. Now that is easyier I think!...
Now you really have me confused - lol.

You said your pic was not from Europe, so I assume you include Mediterranean southern Europe in that (meaning Spain, Italy, Greece, the region on the west side of the Adriatic..etc).

So maybe north Africa, Turkey, Syria. It can't be much further southwest than that, your pics are a bit too green?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather