Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
30/15 in winter well I think you all know my feelings about that but honestly, I view winter as when the trees are bare of leaves and occasional winter frost and freezes with the average high 60(16c) and an average low 40f(4c) with frosts and freezes occurring during the passage of cold fronts with snow falling 3 or 4 times a year. spring begins as the threat of frosts and freeze ends and trees get there leaves back and flowers bloom and planting begins. but the weather remains unstable with frost still possible in march along with heat waves. severe storms also occur during this time of year. Average high are in the upper 60s towards the beginning and warms nicely to around 80 by may. lows are in the upper 40s march and rising into the low 60s by may.Then in summer the weather becomes stable with average highs in to the mid to upper 80s and night time lows in the low 70s during the summer I see heat waves occasionally bring temperatures into the mid to upper 90s during the summer cold fronts can't pass trough so day time highs are always at least in the upper 70s plants as you can imagine are fully leaved and harvesting begins. Fall is Spring in reverse with trees losing all there leaves by thanksgiving. that's my view of a 4 season climate, what do u guys think?

Well, you just about described Middle Tennessee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post
Yep, Spring is very long in the PNW. I'd say we have Spring weather from March through June and up to the beginning of July, sometimes even as early as February, although the weather before April isn't usually very consistently "pleasant". It snowed in Bellingham, WA today.
We've been having a long cool spring in Vancouver, WA. My transplanted daylilies are very bushy and tall and I have the strangest tree blooming right now. It is a lilac, pruned to a single trunk to make a tree. I've never seen that before. (I am from the midwest) And we've had marvelous camellias this year. I think I am in love with camellias.

I am looking forward to warmer weather next week. And we will see the sun!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
You seem to have the same climate preferences as I do
I Think we do

Old 04-19-2013, 07:43 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Well, you just about described Middle Tennessee.
yeah seems right or sydney

Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
yeah seems right or sydney
I doubt trees ever go bare in Sydney. At least right by the water, you're more likely to get a frost in Miami than Sydney.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I doubt trees ever go bare in Sydney. At least right by the water, you're more likely to get a frost in Miami than Sydney.
If you mean Sydney, Australia I think that might be an error, esp inside city limits.

Parts of the city of Sydney have seen frosts in many winters, while a decade might pass before the city of Miami sees frost. From what I've see of NWS data, in the last 113 years there is NO record of frost in coastal Dade county. In 2010 Miami had a 30 year low of 36 F, and a few of the suburbs had a frost (29 - 32 F) for few hrs. Sydney has seen frost right to the beaches several times in history I think, and I've seen lows in the suburbs of Sydney in the mid 20's F several times, as recent as 2010 parts of suburban Sydney :

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/sy...0629-zg83.html

Last edited by wavehunter007; 04-19-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather